Attention: Porsche Enthusiasts!
If you are in the market for one of the most original,
unrestored Porsches, you need to look no further. This classic
Porsche is one that you can be extremely proud to call your own.
There is a very warm story associated with this vehicle. The
following is the history of this extremely rare 911.
In 2000 our client started conversations with the original owner
of the 911, and at the time he could not conceive selling it at any
amount. He stayed in touch and developed a relationship over time.
He would come by on a Sunday every once in a while and talk about
family and cars. As the owner got older the car was driven less and
less. Eventually the car was stored away permanently. In 2003 after
double knee surgery and being 83 the owner admitted to himself his
dream car should be passed to the next generation. Based on
frequent visits and passion for Porsche, he called our client and
offered the car to him. Uncovered the next day there she was with
52k original miles. A perfect example of what Porsche thought of in
1970 as a driver&rsquos sports car. After carefully examining
Front trunk carpets- perfect
Dash, gauges and dash fascia- perfect
Door panels and pockets- perfect
Headliner- supple and perfect with no yellowing
Floor carpets- perfect
Window frames and trim- perfect
Headlight and tail light buckets- perfect
Under carriage- never damaged, no rust
Engine compartment, engine and transaxle-in amazing condition
for the mileage
He and his mechanic discussed at length what to do, and not do,
to this beautiful time piece. They both agreed to only touch what
had been touched by time, and then to only return those items to
their proper condition. They began an extensive restoration of the
undercarriage, suspension and drivetrain.
Here is a list of items that were addressed:
- Resealed complete outer engine and transaxle seals and
- Restored engine sheet metal to its proper black finish.
- Restored blower housing and fan blade.
- Restored/ OHM tested the engine harness.
- Rebuilt the original alternator.
- Completely rebuilt the original Zenith carbs and linkage.
- Complete new clutch pack and flywheel service.
- New clutch cable, speedometer cable.
- Fuel tank removed, flushed, all new factory OEM cloth covered
fuel line and clamps installed, new fuel filter and fuel pump
- Complete disassembly of front suspension/rack & pinion and all
steel arms, struts, sway bar & linkage and brackets done in their
proper black finish.
- All new factory OEM parts used to replace old ball joints, Koni
strut cartridges, sway bar bushings, and all new torsion bushings
and upgrade turbo tie-rods installed for safety and all fittings,
nuts & bolts done in proper cadmium finish.
- Rear suspension: trailing arms, sway bar & linkage and spring
plates stripped to raw metal and done in proper black finish.
- Torsion bushings, sway bar bushings replaced with new.
- C.V&rsquos rebuilt and resealed with factory boots and
- All nuts, bolts and suspension fittings done in proper
- Koni classic rear shocks installed.
- Front and back brake calipers disassembled and rebuilt with
correct ATE seal kits. new brake lines and new fluid bottle and
proper blue cloth low pressure hose installed to new ATE 19mm
master cylinder, ATE "Blue" racing brake fluid used and system
properly pressure bled.
- Under carriage prepped and resprayed to exacting edges of
original assembly line spray work in matching undercoat satin
- All door seals, headlight, and tail light and hood / trunk
- Original paint wheel polished slow and carefully by master
- Correct daisy star deep 6&rdquo Fuchs checked for correct
true then deep polished and proper size ZR rated tires
- Full front & back suspension laser aligned to correct