At the bottom you will find recent updates to gramps.
- Omaha Orange and flat black. Black trim.
- 1641 4 cylinder air cooled engine, recently rebuilt, with block
replaced with Mexican one.
- Runs well, with surprising power
- Stainless Steel exhaust headers, with very good condition
heater boxes, channels, etc.
- Solid rod front suspension with newer air shocks.
- Little to no rust. Interior in good condition. Newer glove box,
fuel release handle, and hood release.
- Seat modified to accommodate taller people as well.
- Carpeted floor with vinyl interior.
- CA windows with newer hardware.
- Some fiberglass body parts, including flared rear fenders that
- Minor rust discovered under the paint on left front fender
- CA bumpers.
- Dual carburetors, with better than average linkage.
- Newer spark plugs and quality wiires,
- fuel lines in engine compartment protected from heat with
sleeves. New fuel filter (under car).
- Electronic ignition distributor with single vacuum, dual
- New rear (oil) shocks.
- Very good tires and wheels. Extras available.
- Custom steering wheel, plus extra larger one available.
- Newer master cylinder reservoir with hoses instead of metal
lines to the master cylinder.
- stainless hoses on front (disc) brakes, rear (drums) hoses
have not been changed, but available with car.
- Strong transmission and clutch, with solid shifting. Linkage
bar modified to prevent shifter issues.
- All electrics work well.
- Retro (modern) radio with mini speakers in rear. Additional
larger speakers available.
- Newer windshield wipers with after market electric washer.
- Only a few thousand miles on rebuilt engine.
- Odometer turned over, so actual mileage is not accurate
(estimate about 120,000).
- Full documentation on previous owner rebuild, plus full
documentation on the changes I have made as well.
- Many original parts still available that were used prior to
customization, such as ashtray, jack, manual, hubcaps,
- Various other parts for beetles, including progressive
carburetor, manifold, shocks, etc.
- This vehicle has been loved since I purchased it almost two
years ago. Any questions, just ask. :)
- For sale or would trade for a similar quality small pickup
truck to carry bicycles around. ;)
- Price is based on value, plus estimate of costs to restore
it to a more authentic version.
- Quite a bit more invested in this beetle than the asking price.
This little bug turns heads all the time. :)
- "Gramps" is looking for a new home.. ;) A nice owner to take
good care of him is most important.
- Update: vehicle engine checked out by Affordable Automotive in
Gulf Breeze, FL, very experienced in air cooled engines.
- Update: new fan belt
- Update: new window regulator for passenger door.
- Update: Reduced to $6500! Still OBO, and would trade for a
similar value compact pickup truck.
- Doors have been converted back to standard Beetle, with the
chorme trim removed from the door, and the rest of the chrome
- This process revealed some body issues; hence the reduction to
a very fair price of $5000
- No issues with the chasis, drivetrain, etc.
- Look for new pictures in the near future.
- Great choice for further restoration, or for dune buggy or baja
- Could easily be used as a daily driver!
Location:Gulf Breeze, Florida
Exterior Color:Omaha Orange & black
- Interior Color:black
- Trim Level:sedan
- Title Status:Clear
- Aftermarket Wheels:Yes
- Restoration History:Partially Restored
- Exterior Condition:Good
- Seat Material:Vinyl
- AM/FM Radio:Yes
- Custom Stereo:Yes
- Bucket Seats:Yes
- Electronic Ignition:Yes
- Engine History:Replaced
- Engine Condition:Running
- Drive Train:Rear-wheel drive