You will not find many vintage Rovers as nice as this one! Complete restoration from head to toe. I tried to keep much of the original vintage look while adding some really cool upgrades and accessories along the way. I came across this diamond in the rough about 1 year ago and as soon as I set eyes on it I knew this had the potential to be an incredible ride. My passion is the journey of a restoration so it’s time for me to move on to the next project.
- Clean title
- 4 speed manual transmission with optional overdrive unit
- 2 door 109 inch with rear entry door
- 4 wheel drive
- Parabolic suspension springs
- Safari vented roof
- Complete high end paint job (Body, interior, top, rack) Original Rover color pastel green
- More powerful and reliable Chevy straight 6 cylinder engine swap with larger radiator
- Warn 9000 lb winch
- Near new tires
- New side mirrors
- New battery
- New glass (front & rear)
- New seals all the way around (doors, glass, & vents)
- Stripped interior down to metal
- Dynamat entire interior for improved sound and temperature insulation
- No rust!
- New floor plates
- New carpet
- New floor mats
- Completely rewired all electrical to a new modern fuse box (much safer and reliable now)
- All gauges reconditioned by Nisonger Instruments. They look like brand new. Check out their website!
- New seats (front & rear)
- New Rovers North Heater
- Restored original steering wheel
- New Chequer plate wingtop protectors
- Ax, Shovel, Hilift jack mounted to rack
- Paint matched jerry can mounted to back
- New off road lights front & rear
- Fresh undercoated frame
- New exhaust system
- 2 brand new fuel tanks with electronic switching system
- New fuel lines and sending unit
- Rebuilt carburetor
- Reinforced roof rack fabricated for heavier duty usage
Most of the restoration was completed by Robert Allen in Rio Linda, Ca- expert in European vehicles and restorations. Many of the parts were sourced from Rovers North or John Craddock out of the UK.
Paint job completed by Bay Autobody in Concord, Ca. They do great work and have many classic and vintage restorations under their belt.
Over 200 hours of my own time as well into this vehicle.