In 1946, Bentley and Rolls-Royce launched the landmark new "Standard Steel" models, trimmed and painted to a standard rivaling the era's finest coachbuilders, equipped with a simplified 4.3-liter (4,257cc) F-head inline-six plus 4-speed manual gearbox and independent front suspension. This example is a very rare left-hand-drive, manual gearbox example originally imported into the U.S. via J.S. Inskip of New York in August 1952. It is one of very few examples fitted with the larger capacity 4.5-litre engine while retaining the preferred small trunk boot. It is estimated that just 33 such examples were imported to the US, making this one of the rarest postwar Bentleys. It was delivered new to its first owner, a New Jersey resident, but soon made its way to Rhode Island, where it was eventually acquired by Clark B. Loth of Providence. By the 1980s, the Bentley was acquired by Mr. McNamara of Santa Monica, California and during his ownership, it was restored and finished in Midnight Blue over Silver Gray with a red leather interior. A letter dated June 27, 1986, to subsequent owner Monte Brown of Shaw Island, WA, details the work completed. In 1987, the Mark VI was acquired by Bentley enthusiast Roy Magnuson of Mill Creek, WA, who retained the car until 2010, using it often for local RROC and BDC events. The Bentley then returned to California, with noted collectors and Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance heads, Sandra and Martin Button, before it joined the collection of Gordon Apker in 2012. Today, the Mark VI presents beautifully, a testament to the quality of the work performed some 30 years ago. Having had recent mechanical servicing, the Bentley has seen regular, yet sparing use, and has been treated to the utmost care. It is complete with an interesting history file, factory chassis card, factory tools and an owner's manual. This is perhaps one of the finest examples of the preferred "big-bore, small boot" Mark VI's remaining. And with its left-hand drive configuration, sliding sunroof and striking presentation, it is surely not one to be missed from the Gordon Apker Collection.