Worldwide Vintage Autos is pleased to present this 1968 Mercedes-Benz 280SL. Hagerty Values a number car 3 at $71,200. We scour the country for vintage cars and trucks like this and we rarely come across one like this! You must see and drive this rare Mercedes-Benz 280SL!
Next came the SL-Class 230 SL, a new design with a 2.3-litre mechanically fuel injected six cylinder engine. It featured a low waistline and big curved greenhouse windows, and a Coupe Roadster with detachable hardtop, whose distinctive roofline earned the nickname "pagoda top." The design was by Paul Bracq. Around 1967, the engine received a displacement increase and the model became known as the 250 SL. Within a year the engine displacement was increased for the final time and the model designation became 280 SL. SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
SPECIFICS / BUILD INFORMATION
1968 was pivotal for the 280SL as it evolved from a sports car into a comfortable, capable grand tourer. Upgrades to the 2.8L inline 6 boosted power and torque numbers ahead of class rivals. Investors are finding it more difficult to find these vehicles clean and rust-free. This is a fantastic example of a well maintained, mostly original 280 SL.
- Immaculate white paint believed to be original.
- Rust free, straight body. Original California car.
- Original style white moon Mercedes wheels.
- Hankook 195/75/R14 tires.
- Comes with both a white hard top and a black soft top. INTERIOR
- Original, iconic red vinyl interior.
- Knardy wooden steering wheel.
- Front bucket seats.
- Confortable, GT layout. MECHANICAL
- 2,778 CC SOHC inline 6 cylinder engine.
- 4 speed automatic.
- New starter. DISCLOSURE
- Tear in soft top. (See detailed photos) Own this vintage 1968 Mercedes-Benz 280SL at wholesale cost. They are not making any more and, therefore, they are becoming more rare by the day. Buy one complete and ensure your investment for the future. Don't do the work yourself, get one finished for roughly half of the cost of building it yourself! An excellent investment and something you can enjoy daily. Collectible vintage vehicles have historically appreciated at a rate greater than that stock market, gold and other arts and collectibles as documented by many articles and auction result tracking. NEED MORE DETAILED INFORMATION? CALL US AND WE WILL HELP ANY WAY POSSIBLE! 1-877-422-2940 WORLDWIDE VINTAGE AUTOS [. C O M ] FINANCING: JJ BEST BANC. COLLECTOR CAR FINANCING 800-872-1965 Please mention you are working with Worldwide Vintage Autos in order to expedite the process. DEPOSITS: Deposits to hold vehicles is $500. Upon payment of the $500 deposit, the vehicle will be held for 7 days pending final payment. Deposits are non-refundable due to i). the vehicles are taken off the market and we turn down other buyers during the 7 day period and ii). there is significant re-marketing costs associated with relisting / remarketing our vehicles. INSPECTIONS: We encourage inspections. We disclose known defects and imperfections but we are not you. Purchasing a vehcile is very subjective. Come on out to Denver, CO, we would love to meet you in person! SHIPPING: We recommend having our shipping coordinator facilitate the transport of your new vehicle. We can handle all shipping arrangements in-house, so you know where your vehicle is from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’. We highly suggest using only enclosed shipping to protect your investment. We use Central Dispatch and they ensure all carriers are licensed, insured and bonded. INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: We have sold and shipped vehicles all over the world, with happy customers in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South America, and the Middle East, just to name a few. We can assist with the transport to your home port anywhere in the world, as well as help with the required export/import paperwork. We recommend the following import/export contacts: • Halmari, in Houston, TX @ 281-984-7235 • Schumacher Global Transport @ 1-800-599-0190 • ADULTS ONLY car shop in Australia (see website) We specialize in: 1. Vintage trucks and 4x4’s! Pinzgauer, Unimog, Defender, Bronco, Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55, International Scout, Jeep Willys, Dodge Power Wagon, Nissan Patrol, Ford Truck 4x4s, Chevy Truck 4x4s, NAPCO, Marmon Herrington, etc. 2. Vintage American Cruisers! Cadillac Biarritz, Chrysler, Lincoln Continental, Oldsmobile, Convertible, Mercury, DeSoto, Ford, Chevy Belair, etc. and; 3. Muscle cars! Camaro, Chevelle, Nova, Challenger, Charger, Corvette, Biscayne, Cobra, Torino, Mustang, AMX, Falcon, Demon, Dart, etc. and; 4. Eurpean Classics! Porsche, 356, Speedster, Mercedes Benz, Austin Healey, Austin Martin, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen Microbus, MG, etc....