Built December 4,1941, this 1942 Packard 160 convertible coupe is believed � and authenticated by a review of production dates and vehicle serial numbers � to be the last 1942 160 convertible built by the Packard Motor Company. Three days later, the attack on Pearl Harbor would cause Packard to shift its focus from building fine automobiles to building aircraft and marine engines in support of the war effort. This particular car was kept by Packard for nearly six years, until sold to the first owner in August 1947. The car is reported to have been assigned to Edward McCauley, head of styling for Packard. Fewer than 200 of these cars were built. The car features a 356/160hp, straight 8 engine with 3-speed manual transmission with overdrive. Although not available on production cars in 1942, this car is also equipped with dual carburetors believed to have been installed by Packard. The first owner, who purchased the car in Detroit, MI, has stated the car had over 30,000 miles when he bought it and that it was equipped from the factory with the dual carburetor set-up as seen today. Evidently, Ed McCauley was not only interested in more highly stylized automobiles, but he also advocated higher performance from the cars as well. This car has undergone a complete body-off 'Dusenberg quality' restoration by Glenn Shaffer. In 1989, it was awarded Best of Show at the Packard Grand Salon, receiving the highest score of any car in the 20-year history of the region.