The Old Ford's Story: This 1940 Ford was originally purchased new bya General in the United States Army. Upon purchase of the vehicle, he had itrepainted to a darker "Army Green". The Ford then spent most of its early yearstraveling by rail to military bases located throughout the United States duringWorld War II. After the war, the General was stationed overseas in Germany andhad his Ford shipped over with him. After retiring from active military duty,both the General and his Ford returned home to the United States, where thevehicle then served as the General's main source of transportation until 1955.At that time, it was retired to a dry barn in New Hampshire for storage. In 2013, the General's old Ford was sold and underwent an extensive mechanicalrefresh. The original 85 HP Flat Head V8: New water pump, points, distributorcab, fuel pump, thermostat, rebuilt carburetor and generator. Suspension: Newwheel bearings, tie rods, king pins, shock absorber links, drag link and frontalignment. Brakes: New master cylinders, brake shoes and hoses, rear emergencyhand brake cable, 2 new drums and 4 new wheel cylinders. Wheels: New hub cabs,trim rings, bead blasted, primed, base and clear coated wheels and new B.F.Goodrich wide white wall tires. Misc: New gas tank and sending unit, mufflerand tailpipe with deflector, headlights, new front and rear windshield andrubber gaskets.