The T series of the MG was built from 1936 through 1955. The TA,
TB, TC, TD and TF and in 1955 was replaced by the MGA. The TD,
which was built from 1950 though 1953 combined the TC's drivetrain
and the saloon suspension with coil springs.
In 1950 the TD MKII competition models was introduced, produced alongside the standard car, with a more highly tuned engine using 8.1:1 compression giving it almost 57 HP. It featured twin fuel pumps and a higher ratio rear axle. Nearly 30,000 TD's were produced with only 1700 MKII variants. And of all of them almost 23,500 made there way to the United States.
This particular automobile has quite a history. It has been owned by the current consignor since 1960 with title to match. This car has full top with side curtains and tonneau. Another interesting fact is that the motor was replaced using Sears and Roebuck to purchase the engine through MG. The original receipt is present and comes with the car. The car sat for several years from 2000-2010. Since then the car has had a rebuilt fuel system, brakes and wheel cylinders gone through and tune-up. The car starts on a dime, runs and drives down the road as it should with everything in operational order. The car comes with the stock heater but is not installed.
To see over 80 photos of this car, including under carriage please visit our website www.grautogallery.com
Gr Auto Gallery, LLC and our sister company, Wheelz Sales and Leasing Inc. makes every effort to represent each vehicle accurately and with integrity. We also welcome third party inspections when necessary. Although we try to do our very best to be accurate in our description writing we are human and do make mistakes. Unless otherwise noted, All vehicles are sold AS IS, No Warranty Expressed or Implied. All sales final.