The MG TF 1500 offered here was manufactured November 29 – 30, 1954 according to the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certified Copy of A Factory record, and sold to an Air Force Master Sargent in Southern California in early 1955 from one of the dealers under Gough Industries, the Importer and Distributor of MG’s for Southern California at the time. The car was delivered in Dark MG Red with a Red leather interior and Biscuit Top. As was typical in the 1950’s, the car was identified by its engine number for registration purposes, XPEG/1978. Body shells with wood frames were produced at the Morris Bodies Plant in Coventry and assigned Body No. 18737. Car number HDC46/8260 was assigned to the finished car with chassis number TF8260 which is stamped on the left front frame rail just behind the bumper attachment. According to the assigned car number, the H=MG; D=2 seater sports; C=Red; 4=North America LHD; 6=cellulose body & synthetic wings. Factory records reflect that the significant majority (3,201) of all TF’s were painted Red. The engine numbering sequence for XPEG engines started at XPEG/501. The TF includes complete original tools in the original case; the original jack and air pump; hand greaser; the original 1955 Workshop Manual; and the original 1955 tonneau cover. All records, receipts and restoration photographs. In 2004 TF 8260 was purchased by the reported third owner in August 2004 and transported to West Virginia from California for a complete frame off museum quality restoration. This is supported by the California registration forms included in the documentation. The restoration work was completed in late 2010 and is fully documented with all invoices and records at a cost of nearly $60,000. In December 2010 the car was awarded the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) National First Prize at the National Spring Meet in Canandaigua, New York and the First Prize at the National Fall Meet in Blacksburg Virginia (W24316). Mileage is from complete restoration.