1959 Ford Thunderbird convertible. Rare, optional J Code 430 CID engine with 350 horsepower from Ford. Only 1,168 1959 performance J-Code T-Birds were produced, representing under 2% of all thunderbirds made with very few known to exist today. The T-Bird has stunning cosmetic restoration to its original Casino Cream exterior with black leather interior and a black power convertible top. For style and individuality, there were few cars that could compare to the Thunderbird convertible in 1959, the second year for the “Square Bird” styling. This is a proven numbers matching J code Thunderbird that has many documents showing a 3 owner car with the original owner purchasing the car new from the legendary TASCA Ford and enjoying it over 40 years. Incredibly, it only shows 41,329 miles with documentation to support it (title states mileage exempt). During the cosmetic restoration, the interior, engine bay, mechanical parts, and body were completed providing car show quality results that make this car easy to cruise and to enjoy with the upgrades. These Thunderbirds are a great luxury cruising car with power and timeless styling. This rare luxury performance classic car is appreciating giving it a great investment potential at an exceptionally affordable price.
• Engine: J code V8, 350 horsepower from Ford
• Displacement: 430 CID
• Ford 3-Speed Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission
• Photos of matching numbers on the rare J code 430 CID V8 components.
• Dual master cylinder power brakes, power steering
• During the cosmetic restoration, the following items were replaced: new exhaust, tires, shocks, front and rear brakes, gas tank, upgraded Mallory solid state ignition module, fuel pump, Holley Carburetor, battery, an overhauled brake system with conversion to dual master cylinder, and other items.
• Restored Casino Cream finish
• Assembled at the Wixom plant on June 17, 1959
• Ford factory stamped VIN on Ford data plate and chassis prove originality
• Kelsey Hayes type wire wheels and white wall tires for a classic look
• Options include: dual side mirrors, fender skirts, rear deck mounted antenna
• During the cosmetic restoration, the following items were replaced: front and rear bumpers were redone, new trunk kit, freshly detailed engine compartment, and other items.
• Nicely restored and appointed black leather bolster and inserts interior
• Fully optioned with power windows, push button open rear deck, and power convertible top that disappears under the rear deck for a classic smooth styling.
• Original Ford Thunderbird 1959 style gauges with Magic-Aire Heater
• Ford AM radio upgraded with phone capability
• During the cosmetic restoration, the following items were replaced: a convertible top, carpet, scuff plates, black leather bucket seat upholstery, and other items.
About McCann Auto:
McCann Auto has been in the business of buying, selling, and restoring classic cars since 1989. We provide each customer with our Car Information Report, Inspection Checklist, and other documentation on each classic vehicle sold to support your educated decision. Our free Car Information Report includes the car’s VIN, data plate information, pertinent visible casting and date code information with photos as applicable for classic cars. Our free Car Inspection Checklist includes information on all items inspected and maintenance or improvements McCann Auto has performed. For late model classics, we offer a free car history report. Even with all the information we offer, we still encourage customers to inspect the car to ensure complete confidence. To help acquire the classic car of your dreams, we also offer great financing options, no dealer fees, and various shipping options.
For more information visit:
Or call us at: