1972 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S Prototipo One-off
Chassis number: THPNMCO3520
Concorso Italiano - Best of Show DeTomaso
Always trophied in any show entered
Matchless concept and condition
No expense spared
Over 600 horsepower 427 cu Windsor
• Pantera International Cover Car
• Multi-show winner including Best DeTomaso - Concorso Italiano.
• Considered to be one of the finest modified Panteras in the world.
• Starting with a stock 1972 Pantera, the owner spared no expense in creating this car to his own demanding tastes. The all-steel bodywork was hand-formed, taking hundreds of hours. Blending design statements from the Pantera Si and the GT5-S, the owner made bold changes to make his car truly unique as evidenced by the pleasing shapes of the bulging fenders.
• The impressive bodywork was painted by famed artist, Eddie Meeks using a specially mixed House of Kolors candy blue with white stripes perfectly blended in. The overall result is matchless. Over $60,000.00 invested in paint and bodywork alone.
• The engine is a PI Motorsports, Inc. Hammer built to premium standards with special parts including the dual 4-barrel intake manifold and a unique nitrous system. 427 cubic inches, Windsor block with aluminum heads and specially ground camshaft to PIM specifications. Basic horsepower is over 600 before the NOS is applied. Performance is absolutely astounding but yet, thanks to the custom built cooling system, this car has driven nearly without drama.
• Rebuilt and polished ZF transmission.
• Massive PI Motorsports, Inc. Group 5 brake system.
• PIM adjustable aluminum shock absorbers and specially tuned suspension system.
• Every surface has been either polished, chrome-plated, painted or powder-coated. It is our careful belief that the presentation of the power-train is spectacular and world-class.
• Hand-sewn leather interior features the highest quality hides, carpets and materials. The specially fabricated dash inserts have machine-turned surfaces. White faced gauges are set in a custom secondary gauge panel. Incredible high-end sound system features jaw-dropping powder amps, CD player and flat screen display.
Call Casey at 760-207-4438 or 310-372-2739 for more info