This vehicle is no longer available for sale on ClassicCars.com. Please set an alert if you would like to be notified as soon as siimilar vehicles become available.
The 2 door Range Rover Classics, made in the 1970’s, are the first generation of this iconic vehicle. These vehicles were never imported into the United States and are very rare.
We purchased this Range Rover in Costa Rica and it has undergone a full restoration. The vehicle has been imported into the United States, all customs paperwork is complete and all taxes and duties are paid.
This Range Rover is one of only a few in the US and is in exceptional condition with very low original miles. In the 1970’s Range Rovers in Costa Rica were vehicles of status and were rarely driven and well cared for so we had a really good starting point for the restoration.
- Timing Chain Replaced
- Cam Shaft Replaced
- Rings Replaced
- Valves – Serviced
- Engine Bearings Replaced
- Head Gasket Replaced
- Distributor – Serviced
- Points Replaced
- Spark Plugs Replaced
- Spark Plug Cables Replaced
- Carburetors Serviced – New Gasket Kits
- Radiator – Flushed
- Brakes – Flushed, New Fluid
All parts were purchased new from England and
meet all Land Rover specifications
- Minor dents repaired
- No major dent or rust repair required
- Sanded to bare metal, primed, sprayed original Bahama Gold
- Undercarriage pressure washed and painted using anti-rust undercoating
- Wheels sanded and painted
- Lamp lenses replaced with new original fittings
- New original scuttle badges and stickers applied
- Seats were fitted with new cushions, premium vinyl, painted frames
- Carpet replaced
- Headliner replaced
- New seat box covers
- New kick panels added
- Repainted with original interior color
- Interior panels replaced and covered in premium vinyl
- New interior lenses
About the Restoration Team: Husband & Wife
They have been Land Rover Collectors and enthusiasts for over 18 years. A lot of research has been done to guarantee the parts are original and replace those that are not. The couple has lived in Central America for many years and has had the opportunity to find rare gems. Other completed restoration projects include: 1973 Range Rover, 1978 Range Rover, 1967 Land Rover Series IIA, 1968 Land Rover Series IIA, 1985 Defender 110, etc.