This vehicle is no longer available for sale on ClassicCars.com. Please set an alert if you would like to be notified as soon as siimilar vehicles become available.
1964 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 425 Super Wildcat (Dual
1 of 7 documented Electra’s with Super Wildcat Engine, complete frame off concourse level restoration to original factory specifications on rust-free California car; Senior Award Winner at Buick Nationals. Yellow, white top, white interior (leather) (bucket seats); automatic (column), PS, PB, PW, PV, tilt, cruise, 4-note horn, power antenna. All Original numbers matching car and drive-train (425, 2x4, 3.42 posi); engine rebuilt, balanced and blueprinted to meet to original factory specifications (10.25:1 compression, 30 over). Car built in Flint MI, sold in San Diego CA, Grivhala Buick, in 1964 for $5500; Original Build Sheet and other dealer documentation. Car has been owned 25 years by adult non-smoker, garage climate control kept, regularly maintained.
All systems work including convertible top, which is a new top on original frame. The top has been tested, and put down several times, but there are not picture of it.
Reason for selling is that I do not have the time to show and do justice to the car, and its concourse condition.
The rebuild includes;
• Frame off restoration starting with a rust free California car. Pictures of build available including the media blasting on frame and body steps.
• All brand-new suspension parts and rubber, including NOS upper control arms.
• Engine rebuild based on kit and parts from Poston’s and undertaken Joe’s Engine Service in Tampa; Joe was an old time machinist/mechanic with experience on Buick engines. Engine final assembled by Benji Perugino, Tampa.
• Carburetors and linkage rebuilt at Daytona Carb Shop.
• All correct dated ribbed heater hoses and clamps.
• Stainless fuel lines.
• Stainless brake lines with silicon.
• Stainless exhaust, with correct pipes and muffler.
• Date coded battery.
• All new date coded glass.
• New NOS lenses, T3 headlamps.
• Brand-new interior fabricated in Tampa, but made from leather and dielectric from SMS in Washington; all to original interior spec.
• New convertible top.
• New trunk kit (Jenkins, NC).
• All brand-new NOS emblems in the grill trunk lid on the wheelcovers.
• Date new correct bias ply tires.
• All new re-chrome, all stainless buffed polished.
• All parts, fasteners, etc. properly coated and reinstalled.
Over $100,000 spent on the restoration with parts that are no longer available. Car currently in Tampa. Contact Roy Wilson, Tampa, FL 33611, RoyWWilson@yahoo.com.