1964 Buick Electra 225 Convertible 425 Super Wildcat (Dual
1 of 7 documented Electra’s with Super Wildcat Engine, complete frame off concourse level restoration to original factory specifications on rust-free California car; Senior Award Winner at Buick Nationals. Yellow, white top, white interior (leather) (bucket seats); automatic (column), PS, PB, PW, PV, tilt, cruise, 4-note horn, power antenna. All Original numbers matching car and drive-train (425, 2x4, 3.42 posi); engine rebuilt, balanced and blueprinted to meet to original factory specifications (10.25:1 compression, 30 over). Car built in Flint MI, sold in San Diego CA, Grivhala Buick, in 1964 for $5500; Original Build Sheet and other dealer documentation. Car has been owned 25 years by adult non-smoker, garage climate control kept, regularly maintained.
All systems work including convertible top, which is a new top on original frame. The top has been tested, and put down several times, but there are not picture of it.
Reason for selling is that I do not have the time to show and do justice to the car, and its concourse condition.
The rebuild includes;
• Frame off restoration starting with a rust free California car. Pictures of build available including the media blasting on frame and body steps.
• All brand-new suspension parts and rubber, including NOS upper control arms.
• Engine rebuild based on kit and parts from Poston’s and undertaken Joe’s Engine Service in Tampa; Joe was an old time machinist/mechanic with experience on Buick engines. Engine final assembled by Benji Perugino, Tampa.
• Carburetors and linkage rebuilt at Daytona Carb Shop.
• All correct dated ribbed heater hoses and clamps.
• Stainless fuel lines.
• Stainless brake lines with silicon.
• Stainless exhaust, with correct pipes and muffler.
• Date coded battery.
• All new date coded glass.
• New NOS lenses, T3 headlamps.
• Brand-new interior fabricated in Tampa, but made from leather and dielectric from SMS in Washington; all to original interior spec.
• New convertible top.
• New trunk kit (Jenkins, NC).
• All brand-new NOS emblems in the grill trunk lid on the wheelcovers.
• Date new correct bias ply tires.
• All new re-chrome, all stainless buffed polished.
• All parts, fasteners, etc. properly coated and reinstalled.
Over $100,000 spent on the restoration with parts that are no longer available. Car currently in Tampa. Contact Roy Wilson, Tampa, FL 33611, RoyWWilson@yahoo.com.