This is a long-time project vehicle that has a lot of hours in it to get to this point. There are a lot of real nice features of this vehicle, from the custom Bonspeed wheels to the Scotts Hotrods IFS, to the AccuAir system, total invested is more than double what the asking price is.
Here is the published article in Truckin' Magazine in August 2015 edition: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1601-1959-chevrolet-apache-playing-with-fire/
Since the article, I did have to change out the radiator as the original one did not keep the estimated 600 HP motor cool enough. I went to BeCool and had them engineer a radiator specifically for this vehicle and now it keeps it around 195/200 degrees.
There is a little over 1000 miles since the build. Additionally, I was having trouble with the original factory latches so I installed the Altman Easy Latch system on both doors and am in the process of getting the panels back on. Aside from that, the vehicle is as is in these photos. No crazy burnouts, its been garaged since day one.
Here are the specs on the build:
- Complete frame-off resto-mod.
- Re-engineered frame with shaft hoop and drop braces
- Scotts Hotrods custom engineered IFS w/integrated rack w/Accu-Air suspension and 4-link rear
- 1-1/2” front and rear sway bars
- Wilwood 15” front disk brakes 6-piston caliper, proportioning valve to standard drum brakes rear
- Kugel integrate hydraulic brake and clutch solution
- Re-engineered firewall and redesigned dash
- Blueprinted and balanced 496 Stroked BBC, bench dyno at approx 595 HP, 634 Torque with generic 750cfm carb, final HP TBD
- MSD Digital E-Curve Pro Billet Distributor
- ProSystems “circuit-tuned” 835CFM Holley Carb
- Tuned port, dual-plane high-volume intake
- Mallory 250GPH integrated fuel pumping system
- Kiesler SS700 5-spd manual, engineered and matched to engine specs and Ford 9” rear with 4.11 gear
- Eddie Motor Sports serpentine system
- Vintage Air A/C System
- Custom engineered BeCool radiator and fan solution
- Custom “Teas” bucket seats
- Bonnspeed 'Vinteq' custom wheels 20x15 rear, 18x8 front
- Tires: Mickey Thompson S/R 29x15R20 rear, 26x8R18 front
- Published in “Truckin’ Magazine”, August 2015
- Many more pictures available on Pinterest here: https://www.pinterest.com/jimn/59-chevy-apache/