This Collectors Edition (C/E) is like any other, truly a rare find. Here is a list that make this car unique:
- serial #00004 and second C/E built out of 2391
- first T-top C/E built in 2002
- not originally sold to the public but was held by the Pontiac Firebird Brand Team and Public Relations, to be used as their "Media Pilot Car". The car was decaled just like the 2002 Daytona 500 track pace car. The car never saw track time but was used for photo shoots and advertisements for the Dayton 500.
- 6 speed with Hurst short throw shifter
- 8658 original miles
- all original paint, and tires.
- 35th anniversary and last year Pontiac made the Firebird.
In the pictures I attached the RPO codes sheet for this car which shows the WD1 (pilot vehicle) code the WD0 (start of platform containment vehicles) code and R7X (Control- sales item NO.48) These 3 codes make this car extremely rare and likely the new era of collector vehicles. Also in the pictures is an email from Jim Mattison President of the Pontiac Historical Society regarding the marketing pilot designation and the Firebird Brand Team.
I have owned this car for 5 years and If you have any questions please call or text 859 433 8395