1969 brought another major restyling to the Mustang. The Fastback 2+2 was gone - replaced by the new SportsRoof model. The new Mustangs were almost 4 inches longer than their 67/68 predecessors, yet they retained the 108" wheelbase of the original 64½'s.
New features for 69 included quad headlights, front parking lights were now located behind the front valance panel, new quarter panel ornaments, side scoops and integral rear spoiler on the SportsRoof models, front seat back locks, and for the first time, the VIN number, in addition to being located on the driver's door, was also attached to the instrument panel, and visible through the windshield.
A new model was the Mach 1 which was only available with one of the five larger V-8 engines. It featured special interior trim (wood grain with Mach 1 on passenger side dash), special carpet with color inserts, and high back bucket seats with color inserts to match carpet. On the exterior, the Mach 1 featured a low-gloss black hood, non-functional hood scoop (except models equipped with the 428 Cobra Jet engine which had a "new for 69" shaker scoop), hood pins, dual racing mirrors, special reflective side stripe, pop-open gas cap, and dual exhaust ending in chrome, quad outlets. The Mach 1 also included the "Handling Suspension" and an additional 55 pounds of sound deadener and insulation materials.
There were a total of 299,824 Mustang's built in 1969. There were a total of 72,458 Mach 1's built in 1969.
Information from Marti Report.
R Built at San Jose
02 Mustang Sportsroof
M 351-4V Engine
43,390th Ford vehicle scheduled for production at San Jose
63C Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof
M5 Wimbledon White Paint, Ford #1619-A with blackout hood treatment
3AA Black Clarion Knit/Vinyl Mach 1 Hi-Back Bucket Seats
10B Scheduled for Build: February 10, 1969
73 Salt Lake City Ordering District
9 3.25 Standard Axle Ratio
X FMX Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
F70X14 Wide Oval Belted Tires
White Sidewall Tires
This Wimbledon White '69 Mach 1 has been fully restored. This is an excellent running and driving machine to be proud of for years to come.
• Car fully restored from the ground up, everything is new or refurbished
• Rebuilt 351W V-8 engine
• Edelbrock Performer 351W Intake
• Edelbrock Performer 1406 4 barrel carburetor with automatic choke
• New 2.25" Magnaflow dual exhaust
• Export Brace added to replace to weak engine bay braces
• Monte Carlo Bar added
• Rebuilt FMX transmission with Trans Go shift kit
• New power steering
• Added new Power Front Disc Brakes
• New rear brakes
• Detailed engine compartment
• Chrome air cleaner
• Chrome valve covers
• New radiator
• LED sequential turn signal lights in hood scoop
• Correct exterior color and finish
• Black bucket seat interior
• Fold down rear seat option added
• New door panels, dash cover and carpet
• New Grant real wood steering wheel
• New wiring harnesses throughout the whole car
• Finished trunk
• New weather strips
• GT/Mach 1 chrome wheels
• New Toyo radial tires
• New chrome bumpers
• Front and rear spoilers
• Black Reflective Mach 1 side stripes
• Solid undercarriage finished in black
• WES-AB 9AD, 25 9 953A differential
This Mach 1 runs great and is very dependable. It will bring years of enjoyment!