A head turner,this hard to find P1800 ES is a basically rust free California car. In my possession, always in a heated garage and never driven in Utah winter. The unique two tone paint is a $6K custom ordered by the previous owner, who was an ornithologist ( the reason for the bird feather design). In 2014, I bought it in California and drove it home to Utah cruising at 75-80 mph. I am confident that a cross-country trip would not be a challenge. Transmission shifting is tight & smooth and in overdrive (5th gear), because of the auto trans rear end ratio, 75mph is a comfortable 2700 rpm. The engine compartment has been detailed along with paint removal from the radiator tank and the copper polished. All exterior chrome trim is either dent free or replaced. My reason for selling is, at age 81, my body is no longer enthused with the task of maintaining it for car show display. Manuals, extra parts & $25K+ in improvement receipts are included. Additional pictures of exterior, interior and underside available via email request: MBambo@comcast.net
1. Unique hatchback style. Curb weight 2580#. 1972 manufacture total = 3070
2. B20F fuel injected 125HP 8.7.1 compression engine (flat surface over #2 exhaust port identifies the “F” head)
3. Four wheel 4 cylinder disc brakes. Front 10.6”& rear 11.6”
4. Front & rear coil spring suspension
5. Tandem cylinder safety brake system
6. 3.91 rear end ratio (standard with originally installed automatic transmission)
7. Dual exhaust
8. Heated rear hatch window
9. Electric rotor high pressure 64psi fuel pump
10. Chromed steel front & rear bumpers
1. Front & rear sway bars ( poly bushings on front & rear)
2. Exterior custom two tone repaint (2010)
3. Complete interior naugahyde & cloth combination re upholstery
4. Complete glass & door rubber weather molding replacement
5. Braided stainless front & rear brake lines
6. Convert transmission from automatic to manual M41 four speed with electric overdrive (2012)
7. Aftermarket under dash airconditioning with Sanden compressor, W/135 freon
8. Front grille surround rechrome
9. KoolMat floor insulation
10. BoomMat door insulation
11. Aftermarket 5.5” X 16” aluminum mag wheels
12. Convert front & rear shocks to Bilstien gas
13. Convert distributer from breaker points to Pertronic solid state electronic
14. Replace imitation vinyl wood with authentic burled walnut veneer on lower dash panel. Extra upper panel included.
15. Mobile 1 synthetic 10/30 engine oil used exclusively by present owner
16. Paint all four brake calipers color red
17. Convert clock internal movement to quartz solid state, keeps perfect time.
18. Add additional dash instruments: Voltage, Vacuum & Ampere.
19. Install custom polished rare cast aluminum valve cover
20. Install engine compartment fuel pressure gage.
21. Install custom “DashMat”. Dash vinyl beneath is in excellent shape.
22. Install custom sisal front floor mats over rug
23. Install chrome ”Halon” fire extinguisher
24. 60 amp alternator
25. Fog lights
26. Michelin Pilot Sport radial tires (front 135/65/15, REAR 205/60/15)are like new.
27. Italian “Luisi” wood & polished aluminum steering wheel with adapter
28. Front & rear Volvo mud flaps
29. Applied legally tinted film to all windows with exception of front windshield
30. After market AM/FM/CD stereo W/5 speakers and hidden antennae
31. Custom fitted car cover.
32. After market bullet sideview mirrors (originals included)
1. Radiator re-core (2011)
2. Replace heater valve (2011)
3. Rebuilt long block (108,160 miles 4/12/2012)
4. Fuel tank clean/boilout (2011)
5. Replace fuel pump & regulator (2011)
6. Replace windshield washer pump (2011)
7. Replace center & rear mufflers (2011)
8. Replace rear brake rotors, calipers & pads (107,290mi 2011)
9. Replace rear springs (2011)
10. Replace alternator & voltage regulator (2011)
11. Replace starter (2011)
12. Replace front upper bushings & lower ball joints (109,137 mi 2012)
13. Replace handbrake cable (2012)
14. Change transmission oil SAE 20W40 (2013)
15. Replace leaking transmission rear seal (2013)
16. Replace clutch cable (112,518 mi 2013)
17. Replace drive shaft support bearing & U-joints (2014)
18. Replace Throttle Position Switch (2015)
19. Replace engine water pump & Battery (2015)
20. Removed and painted rear diff cover after internal cleaning and adding premium oil(2016).