Stunning Viking Blue/red pit stripe... the livery of (team drivers) Dan Gurney and Allen Grant's car at Sicily's extremely challenging Targa Florio (the Madonie Mountains–route endurance race) on Sunday, 12 April 1964.
This beauty is number 15 of only 50 Shelby CSX FIA Cobras produced at Shelby American's Las Vegas factory in 2014. Shelby American created just 50 specimens of this 'Continuation' car to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1964 289FIA Ferrari-vanquishing track star.
Racing expertise guided the original Cobra development back in The Golden Era of road racing. Today many Shelby enthusiasts maintain that that expertise is best reflected in the motorsports masterstroke dubbed 'the 289FIA.'
This fantastic car is listed in The Shelby World Registry and is designated by The Registry as a 50th anniversary car. The car is issued its CSX7964 serial number as well as a numbered dash plaque. With the car you get the build book/ owner's manual detailing the specific features of the car along with photographs of the build.
It features robust, hand-laid and strategically-reinforced fiberglass coachwork, black FIA upholstery and special billet 50th Anniversary badges.
• Registered in Virginia as a 1964 Cobra VIN#CSX 7964
• Ford Racing 363 cid small-block V8 [500 horsepower/450 lbs.ft. torque] induction four 48 IDA Weber downdraft carburetors [choreographed via the fluidly-articulated (and ball-bearing–suspended) shaft system you can see above]
• Period-correct Shelby valve covers, oil lines, oil cooler and fuel log
• exhaust exits ahead of the rear wheels from period-style under car pipes
• Tremec TKO600 5-speed gearbox
• Shelby American custom-made original Salisbury-style IRS
• Period-correct hardwood-rimmed steering wheel
• Period-correct black-faced Stewart Warner instrument package in correct FIA layout
• 50th Anniversary machined & etched steering hub emblem
• Carroll Shelby "CSX7964/15 of 50" Limited Edition instrument panel plaque
• Premium leather upholstery
• 50th Anniversary plaque on floormats
• Heater & defroster
• FIA-correct LeMans cap positioning and FIA fuel-splash shield
• $147K or best offer…