Cash or Cash and Mopar TRADE for ALL
Top Show and Go winner, and has won in every show that it has been entered. Look at that THIS, Ray Barton 426 HEMI Engine with 600+ HP. 8,600 RPM on RB’s Dyno! TOP 5 Hemi builders in US!!! At shows, cars have pulled out after paying their show fees when this bad boy has pulled in. Actual milage is ONLY 44,134 and has build sheet and all vin tags. A 1970 “Ray Barton” 426 HEMI GRAND Coupe Cuda, RARE, like gold dust, SHAKER, M/T 5sp. P/S, R/B, M/L, console, pistol shifter, Fresh Factory Leather Seats, Factory correct Sub-Lime Green color with Black Leather interior, MSD electronics, full factory TTI 3” dual exhaust and black HEMI stripe/Shaker Hood, all Original Colors, FRESH full $17,000 restoration, Very-Very HOT looking. Only 341 Grand Coupes 4 speed cars were built for 1970. Car is S T R A I G H T straight, see photos, and excellent sounding with 600+ dyno. hp, but cool inside with best sound and heat protection available. New Carpet has never had shoes/feet on them, Factory Leather seats, and rare "rim blown" horn. Best of Everything. MINT Remember if you want bondo, buy a Corvette, if not, get one of these. 145M, Book Value 190M.
Things to ponder before making a Historical Investment:
1. This Hemi is NOT a cheap rebuild, nor a crate (box) motor, nor one with welded up windows on the block, as as we have seen. It was built by the expert, Ray Barton, top 5 Hemi builders in US, with the best of everything, built and tested in his record braking shop in PA. It was built, balanced, and dynoed. FAST but Never Raced. I don't abuse historical art work.
2. It has a new pistol grip shifter for the 5 speed transmission. $4000 WHY? It has 1-4 in gear ratio of a stock Hemi equivalent with a 410 rear end. Fifth gear allows the drive on the freeway at 75 mph without ever revving the motor.
3. It also has a NEW Moser Engineering Built Dana Rear End Assembly. The original one, with this Hemi’s extra horsepower, was making some noise so I spent $5,000+ on a brand new Assembly installed for a 1500 hp. power plant. This was One of last ones sent out before the Mouser plane crash.
4. This Hemi has a new reinforced block with a higher nickel content for durability, and even more webbing for strength, with 1970 factory correct 2x4 bbls intake with shaker.
5. One of worst things that I have seen on the highway is when one of the old chevys, fords or mopars that has overheated and has to be left along side of the road, like road kill, or in a parade where they over heat and have to pull over smoking in front of a crowd. i.e.. like my good friend with his 63 split window Vet, who ended up with warped heads. This car has a custom, Best in class BeCool radiator that can handle over 1500 horsepower of heat. Go big or go home broke/smoking.
6. RB took a brand new set of $2,500 aluminum Keith Black, Mopar HEMI heads, re-tooled them, with new seats and matched valves, $1,500. Best part of aluminum heads is that they drop the cylinder temp, preventing engine killing pre-detonation.
7. This car was built with the newest materials for heat, and sound suppression and protection, top and bottom, for the driver’s comfort.
8. Plastic covers the floors, over the rugs, SO that no one has ever had their shoes on the brand new carpet, new gas tank, w/hangers, new fuel pump, filters, ABF Carbs, headliner, super stock rear springs, New 3 pt. front seat belts-to keep you safer, HD front sway bar, 8 qt. oil pan, new, new, NEW.
9. 1970 Factory correct 2-4 bbl intake, two new factory famous original AFB Carter carburetors and shaker hood. You can't even buy these new, now. Most that I have seen are missing the metal tags and Carter AFB banding on each of the huge, four barrel carburetors. Mr. Seconds, please clean up the isle of auctions.
10. TTI Engineering complete exhaust system - 2 1/8" out of each aluminum cylinder, flowing into twin huge 3" dual mandrel bent exhaust pipes and out the factory custom built chrome tips. We just say, stand back & let her breath boys. Cost $2,000 + installed.
11. ONLY the Grand Coupe came with factory leather seats, and this came with them. Skip the feel of the vinyl stick “contractor grade vinyl garbage bag seat covers. Make you wet and stinky. The Vin Code H in Second Digit spot for this car represents "Price Class Description," or High Price Class, the very TOP of the LINE at Plymouth. It is Not one of those bottom feeder, basic Barracudas, we just call those fish; carps. This car was not wreaked, twisted and pasted back together..
12. Best of all, this car is Rock Solid! No BS Don’t be fooled by another who just dragged his 6 cylinder car out of ding weeds, after it was wrecked forty years ago (now with that old hammered, used up, spent engine (or box engine) and transmission they threw in it, running with lots of STP and a new paint job. It still is a Junker. Don't forget about the cars running around with fake build & HEMI vins, as seen on TV News this Week, March of 2016. This car won first place at an all HEMI Show, before it was even restored.
13. Cars with the 392 and 426 Hemi engines have been the most sought after cars in the World for over 50 years, some sold for more than five million a few years ago. However, the best of our HEMI cars no longer reside in the U.S., but were sold over seas in the 1980s. In the mid 80's salvage yards, across the United States, told me that people were dragging the totaled, Cudas and Challengers, crushed and twisted like pretzels, that were parted out years ago and selling them to be fixed up. The HEMI was the only true racing engine built by the big three in the muscle car days. The other manufactures developed their truck engines, to cut costs in the 60s and 70s and to compete for the big cubic inch.
** This Hemi Cuda is Everything that anyone dreamed of; gorgeous, a True Blast From Past, and this Hemi Cuda has was a best of show winner Hemi Cuda. Don't wonder later if you should have bought this one, a far better value. Make the best investment today; Call or Write me Now! Thank you for looking.
For 1970, Plymouth's Barracuda "pony car" lost the first two syllables of its name and became simply the 'Cuda.
- QUICK SPECS -MODEL: Barracuda
YEAR 1970, ENGINE. 7.0L V8
**Of the three body styles and nine engine options offered, most potent was the Hemi 'Cuda powered by Chrysler's earthshaking 425 horsepower 426 cubic inch (7L) "Street Hemi" V8. The 'Cuda's already aggressive styling envelope was pushed even farther with a "shaker' hood for the Hemi engine.**
FACTS: Fewer than 700 'Cuda coupes were built for 1970 - - and just 14 convertibles. Today, the Hemi 'Cuda is one of the most sought-after muscle cars on the planet, frequently commanding seven-figure bids at major classic car auctions. So, If you believe that you are buying a numbers matching Hemi Cuda for less than $500,000, PLEASE, please check with your doctor to see about increasing your medications. **
* The Guinness Book of World Records
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers