Rotisserie Restoration, Suspension upgrades, Restomod, Custom Sub frame.
Such a striking Z28 with just the right upgrades to give it modern performance manners, “Best of both worlds”. Current owner has had car since approx. early 2000. Car had complete built in 2009-2010. No expense spared on restoration. GM parts used, new quarters, doors and fenders to keep original as possible. Engine rebuilt- .030 over, original type crank, Trans and rear rebuilt, Hurst shifter rebuilt, and original sub frame is included. (See pics)
*DZ 302 Engine- Complete Rebuild with GM parts
* Jegs- Aluminum Headers
* Chris Alston- Sub frame
* Rack and Pinion Steering
* Wilwood disc brakes - all 4
* Coil over shocks
* Hotchkis front and rear springs
* Transmission and Rear end Rebuilt
* GM Chambered exhaust from headers back
* 3.73 Posi Rear
* “Intro” 20”-10”/ 18”-8” Wheels
* 300 miles or less since the build
* Engine is set up for unleaded fuel
* Owner believes rear end is correct for the car. (original)
Engine Deck Codes- VO527DZ
* Rack and pinion
* Control arms
* Engine mounts
* Exhaust system
* nuts and bolts
* Rear shocks
Vin Number- 124379N662031
4= 8 Cylinder Engine
37= Coupe Body
9= 1969 Model
711= Black Interior
51= Dusk Blue
X33D80= Z28 w/ Z21 Style trim or Rally Sport
Buyers are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes above are correct.
* Paint is shiny like a mirror without traces of orange peel.
* The paint is expertly polished, and extremely smooth.
* It is without a question professionally done.
* I did not detect a scratch, or nicks in the paint. (hard to believe I could not find one)
* Paint matches beautifully all the way around without any imperfections, other than under the florescent lights you may detect a few barely noticeable flaws. Over all paint is as close to perfect as you will likely see.
* The body is very straight and correct much as you would expect when a car is new, and possibly a little better.
* The gaps and fits are very uniform and as you would expect with professional work.
* Being extremely critical, the right side of the hood is adjusted a little high by just a touch. (right edge)
* In checking random areas of each body panel, and checking areas most prone to repair we indicated there were no areas without steel detected.
* All of the chrome is beautifully polished and looks like new.
* All of the bright work on the car appears to be intact, and all secured properly to the car.
* The stainless surrounding the window areas has been straighten, and polished to a like new appearance.
* Being extremely critical there might be a couple very light dimples in the front windshields stainless.
* All of the glass on the car, including rear glass and windshield have the Safety Plate emblem.
* We did not find any scratching on the glass, and appears in almost new condition.
*Glass is very clear without discoloring, decontamination, bull-eyes, or wiper marks.
* Complete interior Professionally installed.
* No matter were you look at this material you do not see any signs of age or wear.
* The black has good rich coloring, the white is without any yellowing.
* The vinyl materiel is very soft and supple.
* The wood grain does not show wear.
* No fading or damage to the interior.
* The visor are solid and intact.
* The headliner has great color and all seams are intact.
* The seats simply don’t show any wear and even the dash switches do not have, or show any wear.
*Owner indicated that the left side drivers door weather stripping had issues, and that he has a new one to go with car.
* The trunk has a very nice splatter paint finish with fresh material.
* Painted and detailed jack, jack stand, lug wrench, space saver tire, and GM tire inflator.
* Trunk has the jacking instructions with the limited slip differential jacking instructions.
* No evidence of rust perforation in the trunk.
Tires and Wheels-
* Extreme ZR Nitto
Left Front- P225-40 ZR18 10/32 Tread remaining
Right Front- P225-40 ZR18 10/32 Tread remaining
Left Rear- P275-30 ZR20 9/32 Tread remaining
Right Rear- P225-30 ZR20 9/32 Tread remaining
* Did not find damage to the wheels or the tires, nor did I find aging or cracking of the rubber.
* Tires and wheels all have a nice shiny appearance.
*Expertly detailed to original build with the obvious “Optima” battery, “Jegs” header and various appearance and performance upgrades.
* Please check out our list of components, and pictures of the dollars and time that have gone into the bottom side, chassis and drive train.
* Play attention to original factory seems, and cuts on stamped metal, its clear this car has never had much exposure to the outside
* The bottom components may appear blue in some photos, they are not. Photos were taken on a blue rack.
* On the bottom side you will see the stainless spoiler
* We don't see any trace of rust perforation.
* The black bottom side that you see is Imron paint, and is certainly beautifully done.
* On engine, transmission, and rear end you do see a trace of dampness around areas that you would expect to see.
Engine starts quickly and rumbles just like you would remember. (see video) Steering is very precise and typical of a rack and pinion set up. Car stops quickly and smoothly, with no pulling or pulsation. Clutch and shifter operation is smooth with minimum travel making it an effortless transfer of power to the ground.
Title indicated “Actual” Mileage but was mistakenly recorded at 69, 839 miles. This is the approx. 5000 more miles then the Odometer reading.