Sale/ 1968 Jaguar Rare transitional car Series 1 ½ XKE, 2+2 Coupe, Tri-carb conversion
Click on this link to go to Flickr, to view 132 detailed photos of this car.
The photos are divided up into Five albums. 1. Jaguar body 2. Jaguar mechanical 3. Jaguar interior 4. Repair photos 5. Original and spare parts
This is a beautiful, totally distinctive car, the definition of the word “classic”. From 1968-1971 there were only 5,326 2+2 Series II Coupes Produced The list price for the Coupe sold for a higher price than the convertible
In March 2008, the Jaguar E-Type ranked first in a The Daily Telegraph online list of the world's "100 most beautiful cars" of all time, and in 2004, Sports Car International magazine placed the E-Type at number one on their list of Top Sports Cars of the 1960’s.
I have owned this car for the last 36 years. It has very low miles, 46,176. It was driven regularly for the first ten years and then retired to a show car status, which means it was only driven for parades and jaguar club events. It runs great, looks great!
The series 1 ½ , 2+2 Coupe, benefits from improved looks, better handling, more leg room and a sliding rear seat which converts the car to a 2 seater with extra luggage space. More leg room provides comfortable seating for the taller person.
The 2+2 coupe features air conditioning with an automatic transmission. The air conditioning gives a cooler ride for a hot cat. The automatic transmission provides one great amenity for driving ease
This car has had constant care and feeding. Most parts have been rebuilt and replaced. The wire wheels have been rebuilt and re chrome. All new tires The transmission has been rebuilt. The flywheel and starter have been replaced. The main bearings on the engine have been replaced( scheduled recommended maintenance). Oil pressure is fantastic! The whole braking system has been rebuilt. The emergency brake works! With the brake system-All pistons, rotors, and master cylinder. New fuel pump, with in line filters. New coil and distributor with a MSG electronic ignition system. New temperature sensor. New oil pressure sensor. Alternator rebuilt. All electrical relays have been mostly replaced. Supplemental cooling fan has been installed in front bonnet. The two carb Stromberg original have been replaced with a far more desirable tri-carburetor SU fuel system. These carbs were rebuilt and work fantastic. All hoses have been replaced. New shocks in the front. Most all rubber seals on the car body have been replaced. All rear metal body panels were replaced, new rear lights, new bumpers, and new glass in the rear door. All parts and replacements have been jaguar specifications.
There is no rust on this car, except in the drivers floor pan. This car has no body fill that I can locate( refer to photos with orange magnet). The transmission has a small fluid leak. The air conditioner needs to be recharged. The front windshield has always had a chip in the glass.
Paint is in excellent condition with a few chips
Interior is exceptional. Front seats have been re-upholstered with jaguar leathers, new interior foams. New carpets and new underlayment. New dash. The side door vinyl’s have been replaced as well as the rear storage area. Rear leather seats are in great condition.. All interior leathers, vinyl’s, and rubbers have been replaced or re-conditioned
Most all records for parts and work completed on this car have been documented and are available. More photos can be provided on request
Most all of the work on this car has been done over a number of years, up to current date. However less than a 6000 miles have been put on the car in the last 25 years
Please check out the photos on flicker and feel free to call: Jim 773-368-4978
Pmechanical restoration a
TERMS OF SALE CONTRACT
• The sales of this vehicle is not covered by any "implied warranties" . This sale will be on an "as-is" as well as "with all faults" basis.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to have the vehicle inspected by your mechanic.. A mechanic will be better able to give you a general indication of the mechanical condition of the vehicle
• Please ask any questions you need to. Please ask for any additional photos you feel you need. Please telephone or e-mail any questions. Any questions will be answered as thoroughly as possible.
• The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale and end of the auction.
• the seller cannot be held responsible for any defects found after you have bought the car
• Please make sure you are totally satisfied prior to bidding
• Once this vehicle is sold, no refunds or adjustments will be made
• By bidding on this auction, clicking “buy it now”, you agree that you have read, understand, accept and will be bound, without modification, by all the terms, conditions and notices contained herein.By clicking on “Buy it Now” you are signifying that you accept these terms and conditions.
• It is agreed by all parties in relation to any transaction involving this vehicle, that the proper venue for any legal proceedings or disputes will be conducted in cook county, Chicago, Illinois, under the laws of State of Illinois.
• Mileage listed is current mileage. The mileage may vary slightly due to test and maintenance driving
• We have the right to terminate this auction at any time. This vehicle is being offered for sale with other venues
Deposit via PayPal is due within 24 hours
The bidder must contact us within this period to arrange payment and shipping details.
Payment (cash in person, bank wire transfer, personal check(check must clear your account into mine prior to taking possession of car) is due within 3 daysafter the end of the auction.
All financial transactions must be completed and verified before vehicle delivery.
Any special arrangements in regard of the payment, must be arranged in a timely manner, and before auction ends,
All buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered in.
If you have any questions about your
fees, please check with your local DMV agency before bidding on this car.
Shipping cost is the responsibility of the winning bidder
AGAIN, do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have in regard of this car, and do ask for any additional photos that would be of interest for you, Do research this vehicle throughly
Buying a car from a private individual is different from buying from a dealer. Private sellers are not covered by the Used Car Rule
• This car is a 47 year old vehicle. It has been in our family for the last 36 years. During the majority of that time it has mostly been in storage. It has minor nicks and scratches. It is not a totally restored vehicle. It has been meticulously maintained. Drive it away