Cosmetically restored and fitted with AC, power windows, power steering, power brakes and more! One of only 997 built for '57! Designed by Pininfarina!
When Nash-Kelvinator merged with Hudson in 1954 to form American Motors Corporation (AMC), it was essentially a last-ditch effort to put together the efforts of the independents. Among the innovations credited to Nash was the first fully integrated heat/vent/AC system entirely contained under the hood of the full-size Ambassador (that sold for only $345). This was a huge selling point and brought AC to the masses when Ford had yet to offer factory AC. Unfortunately, the Ambassador came to an end in 1957 but went out with a bang, with two- and three-tone paint schemes and styling by famous Italian design house Pininfarina, who had only collaborated on a few cars with Ferrari at this point in time.
We are very excited to offer this 1957 Nash Ambassador Custom Country Club Hardtop! The car is finished in a vibrant tri-tone Classic Black / Mardi Gras Red / Frost White roof color scheme (data tag correct) with matching Black & Red vinyl/cloth interior that is original to the car! Under the hood is the original 255 horsepower 327ci V8 with Carter 2593S carburetion and date-coded C-57 Hydramatic transmission. Features and options on the car are abundant and include factory Weather-Eye air conditioning/ventilation/heating, continental kit, quad headlights (a Nash first for ’57), power steering, power brakes, power windows, Farina badging on the front fenders, dual side-view mirrors and fold-down front seats that double as a bed. The car rides on painted red steel wheels with Nash hubcaps wrapped in 8.00-14 BF Goodrich 4-ply wide whitewall tires.
History on the car as we know it starts with its purchase at Brooks and Thomas in Columbus, Georgia by a Mr. C.W. Pittman, who traded in a ’53 Nash Fordor to negate some of the $4,638 cost. Documentation of the sale includes sales agreement, original warranty card, service policy, dated envelopes, insurance and warranty statements and purchase receipt. The most recent Michigan owner bought the car restored and recently rebuilt the entire braking system including shoes, drums, master cylinder and lines. It was a regular at local shows and driven enough to keep the seals lubricated! This rare Ambassador represents one of only 997 built in the last formal year of Nash Motor Company and enthusiasts of the brand should not pass this one up! The car has been given the once-through by our mechanics to ensure functionality including cold AC, seamless fuel delivery and proper working order of lights and gauges. A remarkably solid car, we are confident that the next owner will enjoy this largely original Pininfarina designed Nash! We would welcome any interested parties to call with any questions! Thanks for looking!