1979 4-door, pillared hardtop, Lincoln Town car - 2 owners (my father and I).
I inherited the Lincoln from my father. True luxury, style, and comfort came in many different flavors in 1979. My father bought this Apricot color Lincoln Town Car NEW in Marion, Indiana. This classic has never touched road salt, garage kept, and dealer serviced. This is a luxury sedan with LOW-MILAGE, a 400ci V8, Auto, Power Steering & Brakes, Cruise Control, A/C, Wood grain Interior Trim, Cartier Clock, Power Windows/Locks/Mirrors/Seats, Power Antenna, Factory AM/FM Stereo with 8-track, Factory tinted Glass. Chrome accents include Grill, Mirrors, and Bumpers. Lastly, all original upholstery and carpet floor mats, Tire Tools, full size spare, factory stock wheels! Now accepting Offers.
Originally purchased at Grice Motors, Inc. in Marion, Indiana on December 8, 1978.
- As of 23 December 2020 – 31,318 miles. Other than limited in-town drive between the residence and services, 90-95% of the miles come from highway driving.
- 100% original engine and transmission. The only modification for the vehicle was adding a duel exhaust (as pictured).
- Power antenna does not go up, unsure if it is the switch or antenna mechanism is at fault.
- As of 2 January, 2020, all lights and light switches function properly.
- All power windows operate properly.
- AC/Heater works (includes blower)
- 8-track tape player door does not close (as pictured).
- Is there rust? (see pictures)
- Factory installed, built-in all-in-one CB radio
- Class-1 seepage on a couple seals, no drips (see pictures).
- 100% original paint. As expected with a 40-year old, non-museum kept antique, there are very minor bug chips and superficial pain imperfections (as pictured).
- 100% original and clean interior (as pictured)
- Exterior: Very Good to Excellent
- VIN: *9Y82S672412*
- Most recent service (oil, filter, shock inspection) performed by Southward Ford, in zip code 46952, on 23 December 2019.
49 additional pictures on flickr (copy link): https://flic.kr/s/aHskfxWMuv