Check out this one of a kind Volkswagen Transporter (Pre - Champagne Edition)!
Originally a 1978 Volkswagen Champagne Edition, this van was stripped to metal (sandblasted) and professionally repainted in a Tacoma Sand. The exterior stripes were designed by myself and applied professionally - I wanted to commemorate the original colors used in the original Champagne Edition exterior stripes.
- The engine was recently serviced at a reputable classic Volkswagen mechanic and includes a re-jetting kit for its Weber Dual ICT Carberstors. Starts ever time the first time.
- Van has been stored since it’s paint job.
- Body is solid, only slight surface rust on bottom protection plate. No holes rusted through anywhere on vehicle
The Not Bad, Not Perfect:
- Emergency break needs righting (still works just needs attention)
- Requires new rubber seals which I removed during the overhaul
- Heater has been decommissioned (common on all these vans)
- Interior is clean but obviously warn as it is original. Plan was to reupholster however aM moving and can’t bring with me / complete.
- Ceiling has a slight tare
- Bumpers will be installed upon sale but are original and have a few dents.
All in all I originally searched for a solid van with a good engine before I started this overhaul. It was I good driving order prior completing anything on the body. Unfortunately I must see it go. Very unique design looking for a good new home.