1973 Mustang Mach 1 with it's original 351C 2V and C6 transmission in ivy glow metallic. I purchased it from the family of the original owner who loved the car and drove it to car shows. That owner spared no expense to make his car special. The family showed me many trophies and awards the car received. The car had been neglected when I purchased it 10/14/21. I spent the next 8 months restoring it and adding lots of upgrades. I got it back on the road in July of this year and it has been a blast. Mechanically there isn't much needed. Maybe rear disc brakes and frame connectors. The undercarriage is in great shape, no rust. I have undercoated it but I have videos of how it looked originally. The body is good but does have a replacement hood and passenger front fender. Color match is just okay but in reality the whole car should be painted. I love the mechanical work but hate body/paint. I have to call in favors for that stuff. I will list out all the good stuff but please look at the pictures carefully. If you need more pics or have questions email me.
09/19/22 Spent the weekend tuning and testing.
Ran 0 to 60 in 4.0 seconds on a country road having to moderate the throttle.
ran out of road at 97mph and coasted to a 13.1 quarter mile. Car was rock solid. no
vibration and smooth stop under hard braking. I don't have plates for the car so it's
hard to get to a track. Probably take my chances and go anyway.
I think it can run an 11.9
New Moser axle bearings and seals. Fresh 85W-140 HD gear oil. New Wilwood rear brakes.
Flushed brake lines and added Wilwood hi-temp brake fluid.
Rebuilt and recurved MSD distributor.
Added Glow Shift Tach.
Installed Tin Man subframe connectors.
Took the car out to see how all the improvements went. I expected the brakes to be a huge difference which they were.
I was really surprised by the frame connectors. The car felt like a modern car. Took some very fast turns with very little
body roll. Chassis felt very stiff. Still have some work to do on traction. I will have to experiment with Caltracs and suspension settings.
Added vacuum canister. Much better brake pedal feel.
Installed new carbon fiber vinyl wrapped louvers.
In the process of wrapping all the trim in matt black vinyl.
Finished wrapping trim.
Just received my VFN fiberglass hood. Going to prep it then vinyl wrap it
to match louvers and wing. 50 pounds lighter than original hood.
Finished wrapping hood. Not bad for my first time. Extra set of hands would
have made it much easier.
I have been going through the top of the engine/valve train and everything looks
great. I didn't even realize I had a roller cam and lifters! I put a camera into the bores
and cam lobes look good very little wear on any of the components. Intake valves
have some carbon build up. Exhaust valves are in great shape. Rebuilt the carb and
had the starter rebuilt. Did some intake porting due to mismatch on intake ports to
heads. I will start putting everything back together soon.
351C bored and stroked to 408 (SCAT stroke kit) Dyno tested over 425 HP
CHI Australian 3V S208cc heads
Scott Cook aluminum intake
Holley 850 DP mechanical secondary with electric choke (carb shop tuned)
Built C6 with 3000 stall and cooler
9" posi with 3.70 gears and Moser axles
Calvert split mono leaf springs/traction bars/adjustable rear shocks
Rebuilt front suspension/adjustable QA1 coil-overs/1.125" sway bar/car lowered 2" all around
Polyurethane engine mounts/bushings
Ceramic coated headers(Thorley) flowmaster FX mufflers
Racing rims and tires
Aluminum drive shaft with safety loop
Power steering/Wilwood 4 piston brakes front and back
Custom interior/Dakota digital series 3 instruments with 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile timer
Rear view/backup camera
Appraised in 2020 for $42,000