This is arguably the finest '65 Fastback we have ever come across, its fit and finish is superb. Its color tone is to die for and It drives like new. It is in fully functional condition with no known issues. Includes Cold AC and Superior sound system for your cruising pleasure. Under the hood sits a powerful 289 V8 coupled to a smooth shifting 4 speed, it stops on a dime with its disc brake conversion. You wont find a nicer example than this for the money. The previous owner has spent thousands of dollars dialing it in and making it right, it was to be his sons car so everything had to be flawless and safe... The young lad is off to Veterinarian school so the car must go. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a fresh build with a mere 700 miles on its construction for less than the cost to duplicate it. Call David at 619-451-2130 this Gem wont last long.
Completely restored 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 has been rebuilt for performance, comfort, and safety:
1. Assembled in San Jose, CA in April, 1965. 1965 was the first year that the Fastback was offered.
2. Purchased in Bakersfield, CA and remained in California for 20 years.
3. Sold and vehicle moved to Yuma, AZ.
4. One owner in Arizona and then returned to California in 2013.
5. West Coast car with no rust. One small rear end fender bender early in its history that has now been completely restored with no bondo on the car.
6. Vehicle has 82,860 original miles
Added Safety Features:
1. 3-point seat belts front, lap belts rear.
2. Sport bucket seats with new foam and upholstery
3. 4-wheel disc brakes and new brake lines.
4. Dual master cylinder
5. Collapsible, height adjustable steering column with padded steering wheel
6. Stainless steel plate gas tank protector
7. Bright LED sequential rear lights
8. LED dash lights
9. Halogen headlights
10. Emergency flashers
11. Intermittent windshield wipers and windshield washer
Drive Train, Mechanical, Electrical:
1. Rebuilt 289 engine has less than 250 miles.
2. New high compression heads
3. New 4-barrel Summit Racing carburetor.
4. Original 4-speed manual transmission recently completely rebuilt by Shelby mechanic.
5. Brand new clutch.
6. Completely rebuilt rear end.
7. Mustang GT dual exhaust.
8. New higher performance front end steering linkage
9. New suspension all around.
10. All brand new wiring throughout vehicle.
11. Power steering
12. Air conditioning (modern A/C pump with restored, original A/C fan in cabin)
13. New gas tank, sending unit, filler neck pipe and fuel lines
1. Zero bondo on automobile.
2. Repainted with 2015 50th anniversary Mustang metallic blue.
3. Undercarriage repainted to reflect same undercarriage original dark red paint color used at manufacturing site in San Jose, California
4. All rubber on car has been replaced
5. New BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires with new, chrome Mustang wheels. Radial T/A spare tire.
6. New chrome everywhere
1. New carpeting
2. New head liner
3. New center console with cup holders
4. Mustang emblem floor mats and emblem trunk carpet
5. Bluetooth enabled classic looking Retro Sounds radio with 4 Pioneer speakers (2 front, 2 rear)
6. Retractable antenna controlled by radio.
7. All new seat foam and vinyl upholstery throughout.
8. New Ford windshield
9. New vinyl upholstered dash from original Ford tooling
10. All new cabin wiring harnesses