*** Just reduced to 70k ***
1968 Shelby GT350 Tribute:
Up for sale is this1968 Shelby GT350 Tribute. This is an 02 J code Fastback. Marti Report in hand and clean title. See YouTube videos to see it in action as well as many other pictures -
Firstly, I will get this out of the way… please do not reach out unless you are seriously interested. It is a blast to drive, looks amazing, and sounds even better. My intention was to put in a 600HP crate engine, but the only restoration shop I trust in my area says they don’t feel comfortable putting in the 600HP engine without replacing the floor pans first. They are a little too far gone for the frame supports we would need to add that would support 600 HP. So, they suggested replacing them… which they currently have a year and a half waiting list :/ I am no mechanic, and while this car was meant for me to learn, I just had a baby. So… no time, no space to work on it, no knowledge of how to replace floor pans, and no tools to do so has lead me to put it up for sale…
As we all know, the floor pans are the first thing to go on these vintage cars… so, if you have the tools, knowledge, and space to replace the floor pans… this would be the perfect car for you!
So enough about me, let’s get to the car…
- Many Original Shelby parts used.
- Deluxe Interior Package
- Shelby Steering Wheel.
- Shelby lap belts – I switched to the black latch / link, but still have the original Shelby lap belts - shown on YouTube
- Shelby Roll Bar – Yes, it is welded to frame and connected at factory mounts.
- I also have the Shelby over shoulder harness belts for the roll bar… just not installed.
- Shelby center console
- Shelby floor mats
- All Gauges work (except for the clock)
- Flawless seats / upholstery
- Flawless Carpet
- Working Fold Down Rear Seats
- Working Old AM/FM Radio
- Working Air – Original AC – (does not blow cold)
- Tilt Steering Column
- Driver Side seat track extender
- Working E-Brake
- Working Choke
- Stunning Paint Job (Acapulco Blue with white racing stripes) Stripes are painted, not a decal. It’s not showroom, but definitely much better than driver. Shines all day and turns every head as you drive by.
- Shelby body style – Hood, extended nose, working fog lights, decals and badging all accurate, upper scoops, lower scoops, Trunk lid, sequential tail lights, Shelby gas cap, and original Shelby wheels.
- This is embarrassing, but I am not sure if this is a 302 or 351. When I bought this car, I was told it was a 351, but the mechanic who rebuilt the carb says he thinks it is a 302 , but he is not sure :/ When I replaced spark plugs, it has the firing order of a 351 so… like I said, I am not a mechanic :/
- Holley 4 barrel Carb
- No idea what brand mufflers, but sounds great
- Pertronix Flame Thrower Ignition
- Pertronix distributor
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes - Wilwood disk brakes
- I am told it has a cam
- Shelby Engine dress package (air cleaner and valve covers)
- Original AC
- A little webbing in the paint on the rear driver’s side fender. It is hard to see unless you get the light at the right angle. I tried my best to show in the pics on YouTube - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLieNvoxwzi54eURehKoEoYK4J-xynPRTO
- A couple bubbles in the paint above driver’s side upper scoop (in pictures on YouTube)
- A couple minor paint chips – really small
- Original AC blows air, but not cold
- one gasket on the engine leaks a little coolant - not a lot
- Floor Pans should be replaced. Apparently, everyone says it is pretty easy if you have the time, space, and tools =)
Sold As Is. As I have made very clear, I am no mechanic. I have tried my best to list everything about this car, but inspections are definitely suggested before purchasing. This car is 54 years old and there is absolutely no warranty whatsoever on anything and all sales are final. No returns / no trial periods. I am not a dealership. This is a private sale and I will not be responsible for any taxes you may owe in your state on this vehicle.
I can help arrange shipping to any of the 48 states, but buyer will be 100% responsible for payment. Or you can arrange shipping on your own. I would definitely recommend a closed trailer for transport.