This 1959 Austin-Healey 100-6 BN6 race car was acquired by the selling dealer in August 1992, reportedly after a refurbishment carried out by Paul Tsikuris while it was in the George Gillett collection. Power is from a 3.0-liter inline-six mated to a four-speed manual gearbox, and modifications consist of vintage-style racing seats, a roll hoop, a Schroth harness, a fire suppression system, an ATL fuel cell, triple Weber 45 DCOE carburetors, an Accusump oil accumulator, and an IMSA exhaust system. This BN6 is offered with service records from current ownership, two sets of wheels, a VSCCA logbook, and a Massachusetts bill of sale.
The car is finished in off-white and blue livery with “629” numbering and VSCCA 50th Anniversary decals. The windshield has been replaced with a small racing screen for the driver, a three-panel mirror has been installed on the dash, and stone guards have been fitted to the headlights.
Painted 15″ knock-off wire wheels are wrapped in Dunlop Racing CR 65 tires, and a set of 15” Panasports is also included in the sale. Braking is from discs up front and drums in the rear.
The stripped cockpit features two vintage-style racing seats upholstered in black cloth, with a Schroth harness mounted to the roll hoop for the driver. A rotated tachometer and gauges for oil temperature, oil pressure, and coolant temperature are fitted in the dash along with switchgear for auxiliary power, the cooling fan, and the halon fire suppression system. An oil accumulator is mounted in the passenger footwell and an ATL fuel cell in the trunk.
The 3.0-liter inline-six has reportedly been modified with a 10.0:1 compression ratio and features triple Weber 45 DCOE carburetors as well as an IMSA exhaust system exiting from below the left door. A four-speed manual gearbox routes power to the rear wheels.
For more pictures see: Http://www.austinhealey4sale.com