SILVER ANNIVERSARY EDITION CORVETTE
IN EXCELLENT CONDITION IS SEEKING A NEW HOME..
The improved 1978 version of the C3 Corvette came with more horsepower, a new fastback curved rear window, an eye-appealing two-color silver anniversary color scheme, a low-restriction exhaust system, and many other refinements.
This car's credentials include the following:
- The Fiberglas body appears to be undamaged, and is finished in what is believed to be the original paint, which is in excellent condition.
- The original L48 V8 engine runs well and strong, and is coupled to a "bulletproof" Turbo-Hydramatic 3-speed automatic transmission which shifts decisively.
- Numerous suspension and mechanical components have been rebuilt or replaced, including but not limited to all bushings, brake rotors/calipers/pads, radiator, and exhaust system.
- The interior has been extensively refurbished, including new seat padding and upholstery, new door panels and carpeting, and refinishing of all garnish moldings and trim pieces to like-new condition.
- All gauges, including the clock, work as originally intended, and the heater and air-conditioner function properly.
- The original radio has been replaced with a modern Bluetooth-enabled unit. Additionally, two speakers have been incorporated into the rear flanks of the interior, and sound great.
- The tires (B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's, size 225/60 R15) have excellent tread depth and present well visually. However, they were manufactured in 2011 and are, therefore, beyond the recommended useful life.
- The T-tops are in perfect condition and the factory-supplied padded protective covers for them as well as a special heavy-duty vinyl carrying bag will be included with the car.
- The odometer indicates that the vehicle has traveled 68,473 miles and is believed to be accurate.
- VIN: 1Z87L8S409291
- 87=Corvette Coupe
- L=L48 350 cubic-inch V8 engine
- 8= 1978 Model year
- S=Assembled in St. Louis MO plant
- 409291= 9,291st Corvette Silver Anniversary Edition of 40,274 built
Body number and paint plate:
- C14=Built October 14th, 1977
- Trim=12C Oyster White vinyl/cloth interior
- Paint: 13U/07M Silver Anniversary (Metallic Silver over Dark Grey Metallic)
If you are seeking to own and treasure a great example of a historically significant Corvette in outstanding condition, this may be the car for you.
I encourage you to contact me with any questions you may have, and to arrange for a personal viewing of the car for you or a professional inspector selected by you.
I have been representing owners of especially fine classic automobiles for over twenty years, and I am proud to say that I have found new homes for dozens of these great cars.
It is especially gratifying to have both a pleased client and a pleased buyer as the result of my efforts. References are available on request.
I look forward to being of service to you.
Broker of fine classic and vintage automobiles
Former president of the New York Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club of America
Active member of the CCCA and the New York chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America
Long-time collector of these very special cars