This is an original, stock, surviving example of one of the most recognized & sought after Personal Luxury cars of the time. You made it in life, if you had one of these. Unique lines combined with that front and back end that only a top of the line Lincoln would possess. Power & a Ride like no other but only room for a few good friends.
Current owner is a true Ford & Lincoln fan, and has owned this Mark III for about 14 years now. He found it in North Jackson Ohio and it was originally delivered new by the Lincoln dealer in Ambridge Pa. New battery and tray, 4 new shocks, new calipers & pads, brake cylinders & shoes completed fall of 2021. Though driven little, you are seeing it in it’s natural condition without any professional detail. Oil and filter change every year or two. Owner is also a Torino fan and has one of those. Can’t drive them all! 4 extra original hubcaps go with the car.
For more information and photos visit our site at www.autoconnectioncars.com or call Chad at 330-353-1750
DETAILS OF CAR:
460 V-8, Auto Temperature Control Air Conditioning & Heating, Unique Factory Vinyl Top, AM-FM Stereo, Power Steering, Power Brakes, 6 Way Power seats on driver & passenger side, Auto Transmission, P Antenna, White Wall Radials, Inside Trunk Release, Remote Drivers Mirror, Traction Lock with 2:80 highway Gearing. Tilt Steering Wheel, Sure Track Braking, Reclining Passenger Seat, Split Bench Seating. Also includes an owners manual (see pics)
Marti Report and Marti window sticker included / title Indicates “actual” Mileage
* Paint has a very nice reflective shine and a finish that looks much as when they were produced in that era. Slight orange peal as typical.
* Paint matches well all the way around the sides and upper surfaces
* Looks and seems to possibly be all or mostly all original paint that it was born with. Read comments in magnetic paint gauge section for explanation.
We can’t be 100% sure since owner hasn’t had car since 1971 when new
* See pictures for details of small defects that exist in paint finish.
* There are a few nicks and worn spots (above left rear tire) in the paint. A couple or more nicks on fenders, doors, and quarters and a few scuffs not completely through the paint and might possibly be polished out. (see pics)
* Body panels in general are very nice and straight.
* Exceptions being 3 very slight dimples you can see on the hood and 1 slight dimple in the pass side door, but only at just the right angle and under high intensity lighting. (see pics)
* Fits and gaps around hood, trunk, and doors are very consistent with what you would have expected to see when car was new. (See pics)
Magnetic Paint Gauge
* With several random readings taken on each steel body panel, we were not able to find any areas of obvious repairs.
* Hood and trunk readings were consistently in the 4 to 5 mils range. This in our opinion would more likely be consistent with an aged and polished original surface vs a repainted surface.
* Side panels (front to back), readings were typically in the 4 to 6 mils range with below the lower body line being more in the 2-4 mils range.
* Along bottom of all body panels showed no higher readings indicating repair of rust or paint.
* inspection of door jambs did not indicate any obvious signs of repaint or over spray and actually showed human & weatherstrip wear consistent with use and older paint.
* All exterior bright work appears to be secured in place. All appears undamaged with the exception of the middle of the rear bumper.
* Overall bright works has a nice highly reflective finish and shows well.
* Bright work surrounding windows is very reflective with some scratching below drivers door glass and typical pot metal pitting on molding immediately behind the LR window. (see pics)
* Moldings running along the top of fenders and doors are very shiny and mostly flawless. ( couple little scuffs)
* Door handles are very reflective with just a few typical scratches along the top.
* Drivers rear view mirror shell is very reflective with a small amount of pitting on top.
* Grill work, front and rear bumper all have good reflective qualities but show a little bit of light wear
* Rear bumper middle has light impact crease running top to bottom and has affected the molding directly above (see pics).
* Windshield, rear glass, and all 4 side glass all have the Car-Lite emblem
* Glass is all nice and clear. We do not see any discoloring, delamination, bulls eyes, cracks, or any wiper wear.
* Windshield may have a few pin head sized nicks from normal driving and drivers window does have a group of light vertical scratches at top from normal window movement (see pics).
* Top material has been very well preserved from cracking or breaking down and appears to be well fastened to the padding and the metal roof. It lays smoothly without bumpy spots.
* Seams running down both sides are in good condition without any signs of splitting apart.
* There are a couple little bumps by lower right rear window glass but top doesn’t show signs of significant rust issues under material ( see pics)
* Coloring is a dark green but does have some areas of slightly lighter appearance. Professional cleaning or dressing may offer some improvement (see pics).
Front marker lights(2) work
Low beam headlights work
Bright lights work
Blinkers work front and rear / both sides
License plate light works
Tail lights work
Inside door courtesy lights work on both sides
Brake lights work both sides
Did not test emergency brake as owner has never used
Power door locks work on both sides / can hear actuator and see hand locks move
Lock out switch for windows works
Front door power windows work on both sides
Rear side windows do not operate or move at all
Six way power seat works on driver side and passenger side / all functions
Driver side remote outside mirror / cable adjustment works
A/C compressor does cycle and stay on but not cooling much if at all
Auto Function seems to operate / Heater blows hot air
Radio works on AM and FM / Antenna must be up in garage for AM reception
Power antenna does go up and down / seems to be full operation and with factory switch
Windshield wipers work on high and low / Not tested washers as car was clean
4 Red lights between sun visor do light
Back up lights work in reverse / both sides per owner
Horn does blow and is activated by a small rubber edge on the steering wheel
Cruise / not sure / forgot to try
Chad rode with the owner for about a 5 mile ride in the country. Chad then drove back on different road conditions. The engine and transmission seemed to perform smoothly and correctly. Car steered, turned, stopped, and accelerated as you would expect. Braking was smooth without pulsation or pulling. Ride was beautifully smooth and quiet. I would say the car pretty much operated as it was designed to. Premium fuel and lead additive recommended.