With its fresh show quality paint job and new soft top with all new seals, this 560 is a 10. I wanted it to be equivalent mechanically so had a pre-buy inspection done at Mercedes by Maurice in Costa Mesa, California. The car's new owner does not need any surprises, and now also has an expert mechanic who worked on the car to talk to about it. The mechanic came up with a lot of suggestions and when finished just this last week, the cost was $4587.60. I converted pdfs of the invoices to jpegs so you can see them in the photos.
Last items checked were transmission and clutches. They are perfect. It has a recharged AC that blows cold and everything works including the original stereo. Jerry is the lead mechanic who worked on it and you can talk to him. They have been in business since 1979 and are one of the best independent MB shops in our area. https://www.mercedesrepairbymaurice.com/
Besides the list of items on the attached invoices just completed, here is a list from the prior owner.
The car was non-op for several years. When checked, the oil was still clear from the last oil change. Work done by me:
1) Remove and chemically clean the fuel tank.
2) Fuel distributor rebuilt, fuel lines replaced
3) All eight fuel injectors and spark plugs replaced with new
4) Head removed and inspected. Mechanically the motor was in exceptional shape, timing chain appeared new and tight and did not need replacing.
5) The whole car was checked and all problems small and large were either repaired or replaced like fuses, relays, window motors, and battery.
6) Cosmetic fixes include new plastic trims, instrument cluster rebuilt, all gages checked.
7) Radiator and all hoses were replaced, starter and alternator were in excellent condition and did not need work.
8) New brake cylinder, brakes and discs also all brake lines, power steering pump was rebuilt.
10) Wheels sandblasted and re-powder coated. The tires are new.
11) All engine sensors were replaced.
This is an exceptional 560 with nothing left to do except drive it. Call if you have any questions or to set up a test drive. Thanks.