Twin Turbo 1965 Factory 5 Type 65 Coupe (Gen 3)
For Sale is a 1965 Replica of a Shelby Cobra Coupe. There are only a few Replica Car Companies that make this type of kit, and Factory 5 is the best in the market! The Gen 3 version of the kit from Factory 5 debuted in 2017, and this car is number 21 off the assembly line. The Gen 3 is vastly superior to older Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions: larger cockpit, significantly stronger frame, more period correct body shape, and overall improvements to fit and finish. As with all Factory 5 kits, this car was assembled by me, a customer. I have been a Factory 5’s Tech Support representative for 14 years and have helped 1000’s of customers build there kits over the years. This is my personal car, and it is one of a kind, with custom options that few other Factory 5’s have. This Twin Turbo Beast makes 624 Rear Wheel Horsepower and 550 lb/ft Torque. It weighs around 2600 lbs, resulting in a Power to Weight Ratio of 1 HP to 4.2 lbs. With options Like Power Steering, Power Brakes with Brembo Calipers/Rotors, Independent Rear Suspension, JBL Sound System, Custom Interior, Custom Gauges, 18” Wheels and Tires, Carbon Fiber Body Vents, etc., this is one heck of a car.
The list below highlights some of the cars specs:
Factory 5 Type 65 Coupe Complete Kit, factory options added:
- Independent Rear Suspension Kit with new 3.55 limited slip center section, spindles and hubs from Ford Performance.
- 13” Factory 5 Rear Disk Brake Kit.
- Factory 5 Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit
- 18” Halibrand replica wheels with Toyo R888-R Tires. 255/35-R18 Front and 315/30 – R18 Rear.
- Kirkey High Back Racing Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Carpet Kit
- Body Cutouts
- Power Steering Option
- 31 Spline IRS driveshaft
Custom Factory 5 Options on the Kit:
- Coupe R Kit Halo Reinforcements (Not Available to Public Customer)
- Titanium Gray Powder coated Frame (Not Available to Public Customer)
- C5 Corvette Based Frame Mounts (Not Available to Public Customer)
- Carbon Fiber Coupe R Air Extractors (Not Available to Public Customer)
- Lighter Valved and Sprung Koni Coilover, which provides a superior ride to standard coilovers in the kit.
- Custom Built Twin Turbo 6.0 LSX based engine, makes 624 HP at the Rear Wheels on 6 lbs of boost!
- Engine was machined and spec’d by local machine shop, and fitted with Forged Connecting Rods and Pistons, L92 Heads, Texas Speed and Performance Stage 2 Forced Induction Camshaft, high volume/pressure oil pump, upgraded rocker arms, LS3 Intake, 65 lbs FAST injectors, PSI Wiring Harness and PCM, ICT Billet and Dirty Dingo Accessory Drive, etc. (more specs available upon request)
- 2 x 61 mm Turbochargers with anti-surge housing and V-band exhaust connections. DEI Turbo Blankets, ceramic coated exhaust, twin liquid to air intercoolers with 2.5 gallon custom reservoir. Twin wastegate and twin BOV’s installed. Turbosmart Oil Pressure regulator and TurboWorx Scavenging Pump.
- Tremec T56-Magnum manual 6-speed transmission. Hydraulic actuated clutch with SPEC Stage 1 Clutch.
Builder’s Custom Additions:
- Custom designed, upgraded Speedhut Quad Gauge Setup including: GPS Speedometer with indicators, tachometer with shift light, fuel level, water temp, oil PSI, volts, and boost.
- Russ Thompson Turn Signal Column and NRG Quick Release Steering Wheel
- Custom HVAC system with formed AC hard lines, extra capacity condenser and evaporator
- JBL Stadium UB4100 sound system, full Bluetooth sound system
- Custom upholstered and stitched interior by Seamless Customs including dash, seats, console area/armrest, and orange detail stitching
- Custom powder coated aluminum panels and engine parts
- Multiple layers of Heat and Sound Insulation including DEI Lavashield and DEI Boom Matt Headliner
- Custom Oval Side Pipes by Spintech, ceramic coated gray
- Custom Power Brake System from Master Power Brakes
- Custom Orange Powder coated Brembo 14” Rotor 4-Piston Caliper Front Brakes
- Custom Cooling Fan Shroud and Dual Derale 11” Fans with 4000+ CFM of airflow, controlled by Davis Craig Fan Controller
- Aeromotive 340 LPH in tank Fuel Pump with High Flow Pickup and FuelLabs Fuel Filter, 6AN Feed and Return Lines with Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Thermostatically Operated Oil Cooler from Setrab
- Custom Engine Catch Cans
- Retractable 4 Point Camlock Safety Harnesses
- Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with Map Lights
- USB in dash charger
- Tinted rear window
- Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped Rear Wing, Tail Light Trim Rings, License Plate Light, Gas Cap, Hatch Button, Mirrors, Nose Latches, and Headlight Trim Rings
- Custom LED Headlight and Fog Lights with built in turn signals
- Custom Outdoor Rated Car Cover for Car Shows or Events
- Custom Dyno Tune by SMG Motoring
- Sherwin Williams Titanium Gray Metallic with Big Bad Orange Stripes and Onyx Black Pin Stripes, all Multi-Stage paint. Paint is protected with 7 coats of Clear Coat. All paint and body work performed by Carsmetics.
Car has been featured at Barrett Jackson in CT and AZ, NSRA Nationals in KY, and multiple events at Factory 5, including being a FFR showroom vehicle. Car is titled in MA, has full emissions exemption in MA per the crusher law, and has currently just over 350 miles on the odometer. Car took over 700 hours to build. $85,000.00 OBO, Contact Dan for More info, serious inquiries only please. Thanks for looking!