LANCIA B-52 IN GENERAL:
One of the most important designs to emerge from Italy post-WW2, the classic AURELIA was the first car ever to employ a V6 engine. Designed at the end of the war by Vittorio JANO and Francesco de VIRGILIO, launched at the 1950 Turin Motor Show, the Aurelia B10 and B-50 was powered by a 1,754cc 60-degree V6 of all-aluminium.
It got independent “sliding-pillow” front suspension, first seen on the Lambda. The new independent semi-trailing-arm layout at the rear was another world first. The transmission, with a two-piece prop-shaft and the rear transaxle combined clutch, gearbox/differential and inboard mounted brakes, for a perfect weight distribution.
In 1952 the B-52, a rolling platform for Coachbuilders, is powered by a 2.0 litre V-6 engine that produces 90 bhp@4800 rpm. In total Lancia built only 98 B-52 chassis, the last of which was delivered in 1953.
A VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY! This 1952 LANCIA B-52 - 1050 was imported into Switzerland in 1952. On 8. December 1952 the contract for the Convertible body by WORBLAUFEN was signed and the finished car was presented at the Geneva Car fair in 1953 and delivered to a Swiss Watch Manufacturer on 28. March 1953. It is the first Convertible Body type “2 Doors-4 Windows” built by WORBLAUFEN on a LANCIA Aurelia platform out of only four. This beautiful car stayed in the same family from 1953 to 2020! It was only used rarely during Summertime and been always well maintained. During 1988/89 a professional body restauration including all chromium parts and interiors was performed. In 2020/21 the whole Mechanics where overhauled and the original interior received a special treatment. It has a new FIVA-ID Cat. A 3, fully "matching numbers" and since March 21 a Swiss Veteran-Registration good for 6 years. The complete and detailed car History with lots of documents and old and new photos is here.