Crazy like a Fox? Like a Stingray!
This car truly represents the rare breed of Corvette enthusiast who
is extremely talented and unique patience for precision. We
sometimes call them "the crazy ones," but indeed, they show us that
any build is possible. Now, we can also add "Like a Stingray."
This L88 restoration project is more than 70 pages thick. The most
important aspect of the build is how the owner and builder took
painstaking effort to re-create the 1968 Corvette Convertible L88.
Rather than make you read the book here online, we are listing the
- 1968 Corvette L88 Convertible
- 427/430hp period correct NOM L88 engine (documented)
- Dyno'd at 533hp @5000rpm and 550hp @5900rpm
- Muncie M22 Rock Crusher 4 Speed transmission
- Rear axle 4.11 Positraction
- Frame off, body completely off restoration. We welcome all
- The engine is correct casting number 3935439
- The matching numbers stamp on the pad is correct for the
- Correct are the aluminum heads, intake manifold, heads,
alternator, ignition system, radiator, water pump, expansion tank,
HD shocks and springs, exhaust manifolds and air cleaner
- The amount of L88 parts on this car represents that this build
took years and the receipts for L88 parts show they didn't all come
at once. These parts are rare.
- Body plate D16 (Nov 16, 1967) and is correct for Rally Red with
Red interior. The interior is leather.
- There has been more than $200,000 put into this project. It's
been build by a local customer and friend of Corvette Mike
- Same owner for 21 years - since November 2000.
The build book is full. Receipts, photos, stories, notes,
historical sales, old titles, tax forms and more. All of the
important parts including engine and internals are represented with
receipts. That's how it should be done!
Only 80 L88 Corvettes were built in 1968. The current value of a
documented L88 in excellent condition ranges from $393,000 to
$501,000. At the fair price we are selling, we know it was built
crazy like a Stingray!
Please call Bob at 630-230-0441 or visit CorvetteMikeMidwest.com -
Bob is our Sales Manager and a former NCRS judge.
Corvette Mike Midwest
60 Shore Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Conveniently located just 15 miles west of downtown Chicago, 20
miles from O'Hare Airport, 10 miles from Midway Airport.
If you're viewing this car on one of our listing partner sites such
as Hemmings, AutoTrader, Bring a Trailer, Classic Cars, Motorious,
Old Ride, eBay, Craigslist, Classic Motor Sales, Autabuy, Car
Gurus, Anamera or others, please go to CorvetteMikeMidwest.com to
see all the photos and video. Thanks!
Corvette Mike Midwest has all eras of Corvettes, classics, muscle
and collector cars. We're here to help you find your dream car. We
also buy Corvettes and classics.