166ciL-Head 4 cylinder engine (22hp)3 Speed Manual Transmission and
2 Wheel Mechanical BrakesAACA Award Winner in 1972 as well as the
recipient of a VMCAA awardWell-maintained in climate-controlled
collection since 2010Leather and top in great condition
RoadsterChassis #: 686 The R.C.H. Company was introduced in August
of 1911. They produced small vehicles that were powered by a
four-cylinder, 22 hp engine and were priced at under $1,000.
Production would continue until 1915. The acronym R.C.H.
represented 'Robert C. Hupp'and officially had no connection with
the Hupp Motor Car Company. This was because Robert Hupp had left
the Hupp Motor Company due to a disagreement with the board of
directors, and was court ordered not to build vehicles with his
name. The Hupp Motor Company feared that a lesser-priced vehicle
with a similar name to theirs, would damage the reputation of their
company. During the first year of production, seven thousand R.C.H
vehicles were sold. Over 15,000 examples were sold the following
year. The business had expanded so quickly, that it was difficult
to cope with the success. In January of 1913, Hupp gave J.F. Hartz
presidency of the company, while Hupp took the vice-president
position. Even with strong sales, the company fell into
receivership on July 25th of 1913. Inan attempt to meet the demand,
quality suffered. After just a few short years, the decision was
made to cease production of vehicles.