1967 Chevrolet RS/SS Camaro that went through a complete nut and bolt rotisserie restoration. The entire body was walnut shelled. This Camaro is a high option- numbers matching car, and it was restored back to its original glory. Chevrolet introduced the 350 engine in the 1967 SS Camaro. This Camaro is a California car, and it was unmolested when the restoration began. As you will see, this is a classic example of where a picture is worth a thousand words. It was difficult to pick the best pictures because I have hundreds of pictures that documented the entire restoration.
As previously indicated, this Camaro came with many options from the factory. Unless indicated below all original chrome and trim was straightened, polished and/or re-chromed. All items that are factory black were powder coated. E.g., subframe, wheel wells, rear end, etc.
I tried my best to capture every aspect of the restoration. I am always available for any clarifying questions. As you will see in the pictures, no expense or detail was spared. It is rare you find such a high option unmolested original Camaro. Please- Serious inquiries only.
The following is a list of the factory options. I have added details to those options that have been replaced and/or restored:
A01- Factory Tinted Glass
· Original glass was replaced with Pilkington (American made) glass, all dated coded and correct)
· Correct reproduction date coded side view mirror was installed.
· Wing windows glass is original. Too nice to replace.
· Wing windows were re-chromed and restored.
A31- Factory Power Windows
· Original motors were disassembled, cleaned and lubricated.
· Original regulators were cleaned and lubricated.
A39- Custom Deluxe Belts
· Replaced with factory correct reproduction belts.
A67- Folding Rear Seat
C08- Vinyl Roof
· Factory correct top was reinstalled.
C50- Rear Window Defroster
C60- Air Conditioning
· Original POA and Expansion Valve replated and restored by Classic Auto Air. They also restored the original site glass dryer.
· Original Compressor Rebuilt (blows nice and cold)
C80- Positraction (3.31)
· Original carrier replaced with Eaton Detroit Truetrac. Works wonderful. No special oil or clutch noise.
· Original round traction bar remains
J52- Power Brakes (Vacuum)
· Original Brake Booster was replated and restored by National known Karp Power Brakes). Correct Julian date is prominently displayed on top tab.
J52- Front Disc Brakes
· Original rotors were restored, and the pistons were stainless steel sleaved.
K02- Clutch fan (came standard with air conditioning)
K19- GM Air Injection Reactor
· The smog pump was restored and deveined by nationally known Jerry MacNeish
K76- 61-amp Generator (came standard with air conditioning)
· Original date correct alternator was restored
L48- SS Package (295-hp Turbo-Fire 350-cid Engine)
· Original numbers matching engine was rebuilt and restored.
· Approx. 3,870 local miles on drivetrain.
· All original factory gauges were restored by Redline.
· 260h comp cam was installed
· Original carburetor was restored by nationally known Cliff Ruggles (Cliff’s High Performance).
M11- Shift Level (Standard with center console)
M35- Powerglide Transmission
· Original transmission was rebuilt and reinstalled.
N30- Deluxe steering wheel
· Original steer wheel was restored and reinstalled.
N33- Comfort Tilt
· Original tilt column was completely disassembled, soda blasted and restored.
N40- Power Steering
N44- Quick Response Steering Box
· Original one was rebuilt and reinstalled
N61- Dual Exhaust
· Custom flowmaster and x-pipe was installed. Refer to photos.
PW6- Red Line Tires (Standard with SS Models)
· Reproduction firestone red line polyglas tires are installed.
P12- Wheels (14X6) (standard with high power engine)
· Original center cap rally wheels were restored and reinstalled
· Correct reproduction beauty rings were installed.
· Wheel well trim is correct reproduction trim.
T60- Heavy Duty Battery
· Date coded factory correct reproduction battery is installed.
U03- Tri Horns
· Original horns were restored by The Horn Works. They sound great!
U17- Instrumentation Special
· Original center console gauge package was restored. This was a pain staking process and every piece was restored. Including the lenses. The original lens were restored to look brand new.
· Original gauges were inspected and recalibrated with Redline.
· Amp gauge was converted to reads volts to avoid common fire hazards
· Brass clock was replaced with quartz. I still have the brass clock and will provide.
U25- Luggage Light
U26- Under Hood Light.
· This light was a one-year model type and rare
U27- Glove Box Light
U28- Ash Tray Light
U29- Courtesy Lights
U69- AM-FM Radio
· This is a one-year model type radio. It was professionally disassembled and restored by JV Restoration. Please refer to photos.
· In addition to the factory radio system, a custom hidden stereo system is installed. Completely hidden and sounds awesome.
V01- Heavy duty Radiator
· I installed an aluminum Harrison replica radiator and painted it black. It looks original. The car runs nice and cool with air conditioning on.
Z22- Rally Sport Package
· All trim and molding was professionally straightened, polished and reinstalled.
Z87- Custom Interior
· All was professionally restored and deluxe interior covers and carpet were replaced factory correct.
· Sound deadening and heat insulation was installed. No detail was missed.
· All weatherstripping was replaced with Metro Supersoft.
· Original Granada Gold Car.
-Car is equipped with LoJack
-Paint job is immaculate.