In the beginning there were many automobile companies that were founded on the premise that they would design and produce the best quality and most unique motorcar that would stand above the rest. Beginning in 1903, Mitchell, a company in Racine, Wisconsin, made the transition from bicycles and motorcycles to automobiles as so many other companies did. Mitchell experimented with multiple different engine configurations and designs but eventually settled on a great mechanical design using a full overhead valve configuration and offered both 4 cylinder and large six cylinder models. Only some of the best and most powerful makes at the time had this overhead valve configuration. Besides horsepower, size mattered when you were buying a luxury car and Mitchell outdid themselves on all fronts with their six cylinder Model S. A 50 horsepower overhead valve six cylinder monster with a three speed selective gearbox on a 130 inch wheelbase and a 4 1/4 inch x 5 inch bore and stroke, the Model S is nothing short of impressive.
Offered here is one of these very seldom seen powerful and large 1910 Mitchell Model S's that is both beautiful and impressive in appearance and in originality. Previously owned by the Harrah's collection for many years, it was preserved in largely original condition including its very nicely preserved original interior. It was acquired by Bill Harrah early on in his collecting years so its whereabouts before his acquisition are not known. After the dispersion of much of the Harrah's collection in the 1980's the Model S was sold to a collector in Arizona by the name of Mr. Kruse. He would own the car for the next 35 years and most recently it was treated to a full mechanical and cosmetic restoration where he changed the colors from blue and cream to a handsome maroon and cream, the only two color combinations available on the Model S in 1910. Even though it is restored in appearance it is still possibly the most original Model S Mitchell in existence today still retaining its original body, fenders, engine and chassis as it left the Mitchell factory in 1910 with great provenance. It also retains all of its original large brass solar lamps that are now wonderfully restored as is the rest of the car. This is a fantastic car that is worthy of the greatest motorcar collections in the world. If you want a large, powerful, impressive, and original early car, this checks all the boxes. Contact us for more information.
Price Upon Request