1985 Land Rover Defender 90 "Testarossa"
Testarossa, or Testa Rossa, is Italian for Red Head. This stunning 1985 Land Rover 90 Testarossa is built to perfection and lives up to the reputation its name evokes!
Testarossa is custom built and started life as a clean survivor out of Genoa, Italy. Following close inspection of this extremely solid Defender, the decision was made to import this car from Italy. Upon arrival in the US, Testarossa was subjected to a premium level, ground up restoration/restomod that includes the following:
- GM LS1 5.3 liter V8 with 355 horsepower
- 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Dana 44 axles front and rear with 4.10 gears
- Selectable lockers (front housing is a TeraFlex HD unit)
- TeraFlex upgraded big brakes kit (4-wheel disc brakes).
- Custom long-arm suspension with TeraFlex suspension components and Fox shocks.
- 37” BFGoodrich KM3 tires on Black Rhino beadlock wheels.
- Custom Salt Coast front and rear bumpers
- Warn winch installed with synthetic winch line.
- Custom “boat side” rock sliders with integrated steps that deploy.
- Beautiful Masai Red exterior paint
- Tan/black leather interior
- Original style tan soft top to match the interior
- Rhino-Lining throughout the interior.
Almost every component on this build is new and all are definitely improved from the original 1985 Land Rover. The ride and drive on this Defender is top quality, and it is impossible not to smile when driving this special vehicle. With over $100k invested in the incredible build, Testarossa was built to showcase what a Land Rover 90 could be!
This car has been consigned to the 6th Annual Salt Lake City Classic Car Auction hosted by the Classic Car Auction Group. The auction is Saturday, May 1 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. To consign your car and/or to register to bid on this and other cars in the auction go to http://www.classiccarauction.us.