70 Dodge Charger R/T
- Rare 70 Charger restored to Original Broadcast Sheet Specs
- Matching #’s 440 V8
- Matching #'s 4-speed A833 Manual Transmission
- Professional Restoration to Exacting Standards
This 70 Charger is documented with the original BROADCAST sheet and Consumer Information sheet for the car. The build information shows this to be a very rare car. Out of the 9509 chargers built, this car contains all the standard equipment for the 8574 cars built as a Charger R/T: 440 Magnum V8 with four-barrel carb and dual exhaust. The R/T suspension package, heavy-duty brakes, 14-inch wheels with F70 polyglass raised white letter or white-sidewall tires and a longitudinal stripe start to set it apart.
On this Charger, it was a special order of a solid EW1 white exterior with a B5 blue interior. In addition, a Longitudinal blue stripe is just visible encircling the side body lines striking a dramatic contrast with the exterior paint. it is reported that very few were ever ordered in this configuration. For further rarity, only 394 of the Chargers, a mere 4.2%, were built with option A34 - Super Track Pak. This option was not available with Air Conditioning.
This Track Pac car had 4.10:1 Rear end Ratio, 9.75" DANA 60 Axle, Sure Grip, 7 Blade Torque Drive Fan, 26" HP Radiator with Fan Shroud and Power Disc Brakes.
This Authentic Numbers matching, fully documented Charger R/T has just completed a 3 year detailed rotisserie restoration by Dave Rea of DB Restorations and DT Auto Brokers in Salt Lake City UT. The restoration included the following
- The Numbers Matching 440 cubic inch E86- High Performance 375 hp V8 with numbers matching carburetor finished to factory specs
- Numbers matching A833 4-speed manual transmission
- Numbers matching Dana 60 Track Pak rear axle with correct 4:10 gears, this car came with factory Power steering
- Correct B5 vinyl interior with correct buckets and a correct console, all gages have been restored to factory specifications.
Other original features including the rare Optional Tic-Toc-Tachometer, Pistol Grip shifter, 15-inch Chrysler Rallye Wheels, and included with this incredible car is the original Broadcast Sheet!
This car has been consigned to the 6th Annual Salt Lake City Classic Car Auction hosted by the Classic Car Auction Group. The auction is Saturday, May 1 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. To consign your car and/or to register to bid on this and other cars in the auction go to http://www.classiccarauction.us.