I am helping a friend sell a beautiful 2 owner 81200 original miles 1983 380SL.
This beautiful car has been garage kept under a cover for the last 38 years. The fantastic car is a head turner and runs like a champion. The car has been meticulously maintained and serviced. The interior is lovely and has two very minor seat wear spots on the drivers left side. Other than that the seats are in great condition and leather is soft and like new. The dash board has no cracks or sun wear as this car has never been exposed to the harsh CA sun, except for cruising up and down the coast or up to the vineyards on a Sunday. If you would like a private viewing or more information contact me. Direct wire transfer of funds for the car or cash if you want to pick it up in Santa Barbara, CA. Car has a clean CARFAX report. Never been in an accident, and a clean title.
These are all the items I found to be missing or broken on the MB with my visual and 50 mile drive inspection are as follows,
1. Both driver and passenger seat chrome trim pieces missing. I searched the car and they are not in the vehicle. I looked up replacement parts and they would be $350 dollars.
2. Emergency parking brake release knob broken off and missing. (top left drivers panel below the signal indicator)
3. Stereo was non operational but the cassette tape works.
4. Mystery red light on console between power window switches on (not sure what this belongs to)
5. The Driver's seat has three areas with leather worn/scuffed off on ribbon trim. Slightly sagging to the left, interior cushions are broken down - typical for age and condition.
6. Heater operation check was good, but could not assess the A/C compressor to engage. (not sure if A/C works)
7. Chrome wheels have slight pitting (we live in CA) normal, no other rust noted on walk around.
8. Small chip in windshield bottom right corner (does not appear to be a problem or spreading)
10. Wood grain in the center console - slight buckling - wear consistent with age,
11. Two very small chips in the paint of the hood towards the chrome grill from the left side.
12. Small cosmetic bumper rub buff mark/ with small scratch.
13. Clock on dash does not appear to keep time anymore.
14. I did not remove the hardtop, so I could not evaluate the soft top for condition/wear/ or functional, but my friend who owns the MB told me the soft top is in great condition.