This is a 1985 Land Rover Defender 130 with a 300Tdi Turbo Diesel engine. In 2016 the vehicle was carefully taken apart and taken all the way down to the frame, and then treated to a galvanized frame and crossmember. The body was then stripped and painted as separate pieces, and then carefully reassembled on the chassis. The interior was treated to dynamatting and soundproofing. All new front doors with power windows and keyless entry, rear doors are brand new as is the truck bed. Leather heated seats, dual 12V power ports, with Bluetooth, navigation, and ipod controls on the stereo. The outside was painted with high-grade PPG paint. The complete drive train was refreshed. The 300Tdi was fitted with A/C, a new timing belt, a new alternator, along with a new radiator to keep this motor running nice and cool and an electric fan was added. Here is a bullet-point list of the modifications and new parts:
• Front bumper with new super winch
• Rock sliders with tree bars
• Dynamat Galvanized chassis
• Galvanized crossmember
• Lots of powder coating
• Electric fan
• New door handles
• New interior trim
• New seat belts
• Aluminum/alloy wheels
• Auxiliary audio input
• CD changer
• Four Wheel Drive
• Heated Seats
• iPod Integration
• Keyless Entry
• Leather Upholstry
• Navigation System
• Power Front Windows
In 2018 the truck interior was further customized by the new owners:
• All new leather seats were installed using top quality GAHH leather.
• The rear seat was moved back 3” to provide extra leg room.
• Weave parchment carpets were put in including covering metal boxes.
• Custom door panels were fabricated, then wrapped in matching leather from GAHH.
• New door handles were installed, top of dash, the visors and center console were all wrapped in GAHH leather.
• A custom Oak wood bed was fabricated and installed.
• A wood steering wheel was sourced and installed.
• The transmission was removed, inspected and fixed.
• Rear seal was replaced and new clutch assembly installed.
• New steering damper installed.
• Head gasket replaced.
• Vacuum pump replaced.
• Pan gasket replaced.
• Clear front LED light kit installed.
• Custom black side steps installed.
• Brake hoses replaced.
• Brake pads and hardware replaced.
• Fuse box and wire harness replaced.
• Wheel bearings and hub assembly replaced.
• New fuel tank installed.
• New belts installed.
• Rear lights replaced with LED kit.
• A custom, interior matching, soft top with 6 windows was installed over the new Oak truck bed. It has easy roll up sides, or can be easily removed completely.
This is a fantastic Defender 130, that was restored with no expense spared. It drives and looks great!
For more information, please call 631 283 8819.
Interior color: Tan
Body style: SUV
Engine: 4 Cylinder