SUMMARY DESCRIPTION AD:
Big long wheel base Mercedes are not rare, but the Supercharged S55 is kind of special. It’s a big powerful sedan, that is fun to drive and very comfortable. This one in general shows very little wear and, only has 36K miles, and the servicing was all gone through and updated by a local Mercedes-Benz specialist. You can see the leather on the seats, and all components of the car there is hardly any wear at all! Over $100,000.00 new in 2003!
DETAILS OF CAR:
Owner purchased from a Pennsylvania Dealer about 5 years ago(title says 1-13-16). All appears to be mostly original from what we can see, and current owner has had no accidents.
More Significant Features(but not all)
* Zone feature
* Suspension control
* 6 Disc changer
* Moon roof
* Dynamic front seats
* AMG Styling
* Memory seats
* Air bag system
* Tele aid system
* Rear power shade
* Multi function steering wheel
* 2 Sets of keys
* Manuals in glove box(See Pics)
For more information or photos visit out site at www.autoconnectioncars.com
* Remote unlocks the doors, and marker lights blink and interior lights go on.
* Remote locks doors, and marker lights blink three times and the doors lock.
* Remote trunk release works, and trunk does pop quickly and all trunk lights turn on.
* Parking lights work, left and right side- Front and rear
* Parking lights work in the all parking lights position
* The taillights, license plate light, outer headlights, dim inner lights, and the front side marker lamps all work in headlight position.
* All lights do turn on at dark in the automatic position with the headlight switch.
* When using the left or the right turn signals the amber taillight, amber mirror light, front turn signal lamp, and side marker all illuminate on both sides of the car.
* When you pull out of the headlamp switch you get the very inner front lights as well as the fate light in the center light. The markers and taillights all work at the same time.
* The headlamp washers do work.
* The power latch on the trunk and all four doors pull doors tight.
* The left door power trunk release does operate properly.
* Both the driver and passenger seat controls for adjustment all appear to work, and that would be all four controls on each seat including the head rest operation. (Located on door)
* The three memory settings on each front seat(driver and passenger) do all operate. However we did not reset memory to erase the owner positions.
* The two side power mirrors fully retract, and extend back out as they should. Both work in all four directions.
* The emergency brake holds well, and the release pops back properly.
* All four windows lower and raise smoothly, and the automatic up and the automatic down selection works on all four windows.
* The rear window lock out switch does work.
* On both front seats we can feel the under seat cooling fan, and is operating on both sides. We can also feel the headed seat is working on both sides as well.
* The windshield wipers work on all three speeds, and the windshield washers operate.
* The headlights work on low and high beam.
* Cruise control does operate
* The power steering column operates up and down, as well as in and out
* The temperature gauge is operating, and fully warmed up and idling at approx 30 degree temp it is reading 80.
* The fuel gauge is working, and have seen in move in the time we having been listing and testing this car
* Speedometer works
* Tachometer works
* Tripometer works
* Accumulated miles is working
* Two small screens in the lower left and right corner are operating as well.
* All four dash vents that slide left to right slide over mechanism are all working
* Rolling knobs for open and close are all operating
* The center vent temperature control seems to adjust from cool air, and light comes on with automatic setting.
* The rear power sunshade goes up and down.
* The ESP setting does light up the red light indicating it does illuminate
* The active body control button is working and off, 1 dot, 2 dot, we could see that vehicle did raise when it was activated.
* The door lock button works, and all four door locks work
* The automatic down for the head rest, in the rear works.
* The towing button to allow towing works, red light blinks than goes out when vehicle is started.
* Seat belt reminder and ABS light go out once car is started, when headlamps are on you do get the high beam indicator as well.
* Manual shade opens and closes smoothly, sun roof opens and closes smoothly, and the power vents position operates smoothly as well. The Xenon reading lamps work both left, and right side.
* One touch to open or close sunroof is operating.
* On the same panel as the sunroof there is a switch for the interior reading light, front interior light, and above it is a light to turn on the rear lights that are surrounding the vanity mirrors in the rear.
* The front visor vanity mirrors go down and up, the doors operate on each, and light opens on each, and sliding two position mirror works. Upon raising the drivers visor it does not want to stay right at the top, and drops about half to an inch down.
* Hazard 4 way flashers work
* Two rear passenger illuminated vanity mirrors do operate, fold down, and light.
* Inside hood release operates smoothly, as does opening the hood from the outside tab.
* Ashtray opens smoothly, it may have never been used, and lighter does operates but requires being held in.
* The display up and down buttons on the left of the steering wheel operate, on the left also the page display up and down operate. The right side volume up and down does operate. Anything in reference to the Tele Aid Emergency Assistance we do not know its statis with the owner so we did not try anything.
* AM/FM does operate, the Cd player opens and ejects correctly, seek + and Seek – buttons operates, as well as the volume. The six disc player also works, and operates.
* We do not have disc to check navigation system.
* Front defroster works
* Rear defroster indicator light does come on
* The charcoal filter indicator light does come on
* The recirculating light does come on, and seems to sound slightly different
* The auto buttons do lock in, and also lock out
* The drivers temperature adjustment does adjust up and down.
* The passengers temperature does adjust up and down, and the fan does operate in both automatic and manual mode.
* The air compressor on and off button does light.
* Gear shift (left) has a button for three different setting that do show up on the dash board, and the M,C,and S setting all show on the dash as operating.
* The hidden cup holder operates
* Car does have Dynamic Multi-contour seats. Each seat has 5 different controls, and all 5 of these function on each seat appear to be working.
* In the lower front of each front seat has not only the dynamic controls with an additional factory cup holder, but they each have a very nice storage compartment below. The passenger side includes and Mercedes-Benz first aid kit that look to all be intact with supplies.
Chad drove the car a total of 50 – 75 miles on 5 or more occasions, and it has always started right up and immediately runs smoothly. As you can imagine the car is very quiet, and smooth, but yet powerful if you need it. The steering is very precise, and firm, but extremely smooth feeling. The adjustable seats allow you to tailor it to one of the most comfortable settings. The car up shifts, and down shifts under normal driving, and is very smooth. Over all very smooth but one occasion on an entrance ramp I did have the opportunity to put it to the floor, and its just hard to explain the feeling that the car gives you of acceleration. The car stops very quickly and smoothly without any pulsation or pulling. It just an amazingly fun, but enjoyable car to drive. I cant say enough about it never skips a beat, and does what you ask. Its amazing how smoothly, and quickly it pulls.