MORE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS HERE: https://motorvault.com/1975-hurst-olds-cutlass
WALK AROUND VIDEO HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8wlKKP090Q&feature=emb_logo
MODEL: HURST CUTLASS
ENGINE: 350 V8
TRANSMISSION: AUTO W/ HIS & HERS SHIFTER
TORQUE: 275 FT-LB
CURB WEIGHT: 3,829 LBS.
EXTERIOR COLOR: BLACK
INTERIOR COLOR: BEIGE
The vehicle comes with one-set of keys and recent services totaling $11k spent on engine and transmission in 2018.
1975 Hurst Olds Cutlass
Hurst and Oldsmobile go together like pumpkins and October… it’s a perfect match. Iconic colors, enhanced performance, and the legendary shifters set Hurts cars apart. In 1958, Hurst Performance started as an automotive repair shop, but quickly evolved into a leader in the aftermarket performance parts industry by the mid 1960’s. The parts that made them famous were their gear shifters, which became popularized in the professional racing and car customizing community. During the mid to late 1960’s, it was difficult to go to a racing event or car show and not see Hurst shifters in multiple cars. The Hurst name became so large, that American car companies would produce limited-run performance versions of their cars using the Hurst nameplate. The most famous car Hurst became associated with was the Oldsmobile Cutlass and 442.
Beginning in 1968, Oldsmobile offered the first Hurst Olds; an enhanced Cutlass with an ultra-powerful 455 Cubic Inch V8 engine and a gorgeous silver and black paint scheme. The following year, Oldsmobile stepped up the game by adding Ram Air hood scoops, a rear spoiler, and changing the color package to White and Gold. The production of the Hurst Olds was on pause for a few years but returned in 1972 as the Indy 500 Pace Car. In 1973, GM introduced the stunning “Colonnade” body design, a car that would be very well suited for Hurst’s magic. From 1973 to 1975, you could order your Hurst Olds in white with gold or black with gold.
Fast-forward to 1975, the year of this particular Hurst Olds, and the Cutlass could be optioned with 2 different motors. Those included the W-30 455 Cubic Inch V8 or the W-25 350 Cubic Inch V8. This car came with the W-25 350 V8 from the factory, along with the legendary Hurst “Dual Gate” shifter to match. In 1975, only 2,535 Hurst Old’s were produced, which 1,342 came with the W-25 and 1,242 were black. There is no exact number on how many were built with the combination of the two, but it is estimated that less than 1,000 left the factory this way. Up through 1975, this year model had the highest total production, making it the most popular Hurst Olds from a sales standpoint.
RECENT SERVICE HISTORY:
April 2017 – 48,626 miles – Miller Auto Care - $10,077.27
· LUBE AND OIL AND FILTER CHANGE
· CHECK OUT OIL LEAK
· REMOVE ENGINE
· REPLACE ALL GASKETS
· STRIP ENGINE AND REPAINT ENGINE
· STRIP ACC. BRACKETS AND COMPONENTS
· REFINISH/PAINT COMPONENTS
· REFINISH EXHAUST MANIFOLDS WITH HIGH TEMP. CAST GRAY PAINT
· REMOVE FOUR SEIZED VALVE COVER BOLTS, RETHREAD HOLES
· REPLACE ENGINE FREEZE PLUGS, FLUSH ENGINE BLOCK COOLING PASSAGES
· REPLACE TIMING CHAIN COMPONENTS, REPLACE DISTRIBUTOR VAC. ADVANCE UNIT.
· REPLACE COOLANT TEMP. SENSOR, OIL PRESSURE SENSOR, WATER PUMP, FUEL PUMP.
· REPLACE FUEL LINES AT THE FUEL PUMP, LOWER FUEL TANK AND REPLACE FUEL LINES AT FUEL TANK.
· CLEAN ENGINE BAY, FIREWALL FRONT FRAME AREA, UPPER CONTROL ARMS. PAINT AND SEAL EFFECTED AREAS.
· REPLACE DISCHARGE SECTION OF THE AC COMPRESSOR MANIFOLD HOSE ASSEMBLY.
· RECHARGE AC SYSTEM.
· REPLACE DEFECTIVE ALTERNATOR.
· REPLACE SPARK PLUGS, AND ENGINE FUEL FILTER, SET UP ENGINE.
· REPLACE TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK SEAL.
· REPLACE HOOD RELEASE CABLE, REPLACE UPPER CONTROL ARM INNER FENDER COVERS.
· CHECK T-TOPS
· DETERMINED THAT THIS VEHICLE HAS THE "FIRST DESIGN" HURST T-TOPS, RESEARCH FOUND THAT THE T-TOP SEALS ARE NOT MANUFACTURED FOR THIS DESIGN.
· REMOVE THE INCORRECT "SECOND DESIGN" SEALS AND THE EXTREME EXCESSIVE MOLDING ADHESIVE FROM THE T-TOP BODY FRAMES.
· MAKE UP AND INSTALL T-TOP SEALS AND ADAPT THOSE SEALS TO THE 1975 CUTLASS "A" AND "B" PILLAR.
· SERVICE TRANSMISSION
· SERVICE REAR DIFFERENTIAL
· REPLACE RR AXLE BRAKE LINE, REPLACE REAR BRAKE WHEEL CYLINDER, RESURFACE REAR BRAKE DRUMS, REPLACE REAR EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLES, BLEED BRAKES
· REPLACE REAR SHOCKS, REMOVE SEIZED BOLTS
· REPLACE LEAKING MASTER CYLINDER, FINISH AND SEAL MASTER CYLINDER TO "CAST" COLOR. INSTALL AND BLEED MASTER CYLINDER
· CHECK K OUT FRONT SWAY BAR, REPLACE FRAME BUSHING INCLUDING DRILLING OUT BROKEN BOLTS AND RE-THREAD HOLES AND REPLACE BOLTS, REPLACE SWAY BAR LINK PINS AND BUSHINGS
· STRIP AND CLEAN BRAKE BOOSTER, REFINISH BRAKE BOOSTER WITH THE GOLDEN CAD SYSTEM
· REPLACE FRONT BRAKE HOSES, REPACK FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS
· REMOVE BOTH FRONT DOORS AND REPLACE ALL HINGE PINS BUSHINGS, PINS AND STRIKERS
May 2018 – 49,100 miles – Miller Auto Care - $165.23
· LUBE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE
· CHECK OUT HVAC FAN, INOPERATIVE.
· CHECK OUT AND REPLACE THE FUSE HOLDER FOR THE POWER SUPPLY TO THE HVAC
November 2019 – 49,192 miles – Miller Auto Care - $172.84
· ROTATE AND BALANCE TIRES
· DRAIN AND REFILL CRANKCASE WITH PREMIUM VALVOLINE MAXLIFE MOTOR OIL, REPLACE OIL FILTER.
· LUBRICATE CHASSIS WHERE APPLICABLE.
· INSPECT AIR FILTER, TOP OFF ALL FLUID LEVELS, CK TIRE PRESSURE, PERFORM MULTIPOINT INSPECTION AND APPLY REMINDER STICKER.
· LUBE, OIL, AND FILTER CHANGE
· ALL FLUIDS FULL AND IN GOOD CONDITION.
· FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS ARE TIGHT/OK.
· COOLANT TESTS GOOD FOR FREEZE PROTECTION.
· STEERING AND SUSPENSION OK AT THIS TIME.
· BELTS/HOSES OK.
Vehicle was stored at SILO Auto Club and Conservancy after the services above._______________________
To arrange an appointment to view the vehicle, please contact Brian at 317-522-8260.
Please consider this an invitation to visit MOTORVAULT! If you have any questions or wish for more information about this vehicle or any other vehicle, please do not hesitate to call Brian Henry @ 317-522-8260 or email [email protected]