This 1952 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith is covered in Burgundy paint over its Aluminum Hooper Body with a nice chrome finish over a leather interior with a power glass divider and jump seats. It was upgraded to a 12-volt system with a solid-state ignition. Currently powered by a 4566cc inline-6 engine backed by a 3-speed automatic transmission. Only 639 built between 1947-1959 and very few built with LWB left-hand drive and auto trans.
The Silver Wraith, launched in 1947, was an evolution of the pre-war Wraith and was offered in the traditional chassis form ready for the fitting of Bespoke coachwork. The 4,257cc overhead-inlet, the side-exhaust engine developed before the war was used, as well as a modified coil and wishbone independent front suspension. Hydraulic brakes were used for the first time on a Rolls-Royce with hydraulic brakes.
The Silver Wraith was constantly refined during its production. The engine was replaced with the 'big bore' 4,566cc in 1951 and automatic transmission was offered as an option in 1952.
Once again the press raved about the car. 'All the world knows that Rolls-Royce carries on an unremitting search for engineering perfection in everything they undertake. The qualities which made their aircraft engines famous, and their cars the finest procurable, are the result of hard work scientifically conducted, and painstaking attention to detail from the large to the most minute. And now a new range of cars is about to appear it is believed that the new cars are the best that Rolls-Royce has ever built.'
The Silver Wraith was described like this: 'In common with all Rolls-Royce cars, the Silver Wraith has an indefinable something about it, a delicacy of behavior, which escapes definition in written words. it is a car for the connoisseur in cars. This Rolls-Royce was originally ordered by Sir Christopher Warner, the British Ambassador to Belgium, in 1952.