1969 Corvette L88 Roadster Fully Documented
• Recipient of Some of the Most Prestigious Corvette Awards,
Including the Coveted Triple Diamond/Triple Crown Award
• 1 of 3 in this Color Combination
• Complete Matching-Numbers
• One of Just 99 4-speed manual (M22 "Rock Crusher") Examples
Produced for 1969
• Fully Documented with Tank Sticker and Awards
• Bloomington Gold Certified
• Bloomington Gold Special Collection
• Multiple NCRS Top Flights
• Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals Triple Diamond
• In L88 Registry
• First Owner (acquired new via Malcolm Konner Chevrolet, Caldwell,
New Jersey, in 1969)
• Pat Shwery, Jackson, Tennessee (acquired in 1978)
• Steve Hendrickson, Minnesota (acquired in 1990)
• Kelly Curry, Fort Myers, Florida (acquired from the above in
• Tom O'Brien, Nokesville, Virginia (acquired in 1996)
• Dick Bridges, Rockville, South Carolina
• The Steinman Brothers Collection, Connecticut
• Terry Michealis, Napoleon, Ohio
• Current Owner (acquired from the above in 2007)
• Bloomington Gold "Earthquake 88" Special Collection, Illinois,
• Chevy/Vettefest, Chicago, 2006 (Golden Spinner Award)
• Bloomington Gold "L88 Invasion" Special Collection, Illinois,
• National Corvette Restorers Society, Syosset, New York, 2009 (Top
• Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA, Illinois, 2010 (Gold
• Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals, Chicago, 2010 (Triple Diamond
L88s were produced in very limited numbers, and this sensational
example is one of just 116 made for 1969, the final production
year. The car was originally equipped with the desirable four
-speed manual gearbox and finished in Burgundy over a black
interior. The consignor, a longtime NCRS judge with multiple L88s,
believes it is one of just three delivered in this stunning color.
Rarer still, this car retains its original tank sticker which was
discovered by a previous owner, carefully removed, and validated by
Delivered new through the renowned Konner Chevrolet dealership of
Caldwell, New Jersey, by 1978, the car was in the care of L88
enthusiast Pat Shwery, who had searched for more than two years for
a great example. In light of its significance, Mr. Shwery put
leading L88 restorer and Bloomington Gold Judge Tim Thorpe in
charge of its restoration. The Corvette was then owned by several
L88 enthusiasts during the 1990s, most notably well-known L88
collector Steve Hendrickson. It was also a part of the Steinman
Brothers Collection before the current owner acquired it in 2007.
In 2008, the Corvette was treated to a body-off chassis and
interior. Since then, the car has also been expertly repainted,
bringing it up to optimal condition.
Equiped with side pipes and a removable hardtop, this L88 has won
some of the most prestigious Corvette awards, including the coveted
triple diamond/triple crown: the NCRS Top Flight, Bloomington Gold,
and the Chevy/Vettefest Gold Spinner awards. Invited to three
Bloomington Gold L88 special collections, this is a highly
scrutinized and well-known example. Rare and brutally powerful,
this award-winning Corvette is an important example of one of
America's most iconic automotive achievements.
This is a rare opportunity to own an "Investment Grade" AAA
Exterior: #1, Paint was done in 2017 and is in excellent condition.
The Chrome and Brightwork is in excellent condition. Hardtop is in
excellent condition along with the soft-top. The wheels and trim
rings are in very good condition.
Interior: #1-, All original except for the carpets. The Door
Panels, Dash Board and Seats are all original. The seats have the
original foam in them and could be replaced.
Engine Compartment: #1-. Carburetor was just rebuilt. The car was
just dry ice cleaned, chrome on the valve covers are like new.
Paint on the engine is as originally applied.
Chassis: #1-. In very good condition, control arms, trailing arms
are powder coated, Frame is proper shade of factory black. The
natural items are coated with a preservative. The cad plated items
are in good condition and show little signs of wear. The rear
spring and bushings were restored and bushing replaced last