For consideration is a vintage, Power-glide, dual-exhaust,
air-cooled, rear-engine drop-top- one of the best looking, most
sound Corvair's you will find anywhere. This super-clean, rust-free
classic spent its entire life in Southern California, and comes
with new plates, current registration, as well as the vintage
California Black Plates dating to the original, '62 registration of
the car. The manual and sales booklet also included.
This beautiful roadster has undergone extensive updates and
upgrades. The following lists detail the restoration. Everything
noted below was put into place within the last 250 miles.
- Complete Engine rebuild
- Rebored cylinders
- New cast pistons, chrome rings, and valve cover gaskets.
- Both heads were checked for valve guide clearance and are within
- All valves were lapped and checked for proper sealing
- Perfect engine compression and oil pressure
- New Petronix electronic ignition
- New Clarks 4-Carb Conversion (offering added horsepower of
- New hoses, gaskets
- New fan belt
- New brakes
- New fuel pump.
- Oil Change and Tune up.
- All fluids replaced, new lubrication all the way around.
- New electrical throughout
- Headlights, both low and high as well as parking lights and all
bulbs, signals, indicators have been replaced and work
- Parking brake is new. Tension set to spec
- New battery
- New starter
- New alternator
- New windshield washer motor and wiper blades
- Spare and toolkit located inside trunk
- New interior carpet
- New front seat upholstery
- New door panels
- New arm panels
- Dash is free of cracks, and was repainted to spec
- New rearview mirror
- Front and rear seatbelts have been installed
- Driver seat extension installed
- Original radio is in place - however it was disconnected in favor
of a brand-new Bluetooth, MP3, Satellite Radio head unit which was
installed under the dash for aesthetics
- New high-end speaker system- hidden from view and placed in
original speaker wells
- Newer 2-Stage Roman Red Paint
- 4 Brand New BFG Silvertown White-Wall Tires, aligned/balanced
- New chrome side mirrors
- Brand New Boot
- Many new exterior OEM and Vintage emblems
- New weather stripping throughout minus the front windshield
- All glass is free of cracks
- All windows roll up and down as they should. Door locks work
- Newer convertible top and all boot rivets are in place
- Includes a brand new custom fit car cover
A blast to drive- This Corvair drives as she should- straight and
clean with excellent performance, braking and handling.
This car drives as well as it looks with excellent performance,
handling, and braking (be sure to watch the video test drive).
This vehicle is priced to sell, is exempt from California smog
requirements, comes with a clean and clear California title.
Low rate financing is available with rates as low as 3.5% APR with
approved credit. You can apply directly on our website
(www.lagunaclassiccars.com) by clicking on the "Financing" tab.
We can also arrange delivery to almost anywhere.