1935 John Deere Model A Tractor
In 1837, a midwestern blacksmith named John Deere, fashions a
polished steel plow to aid farmers to cut furrows into the sticky
midwestern soil. For almost the next 100 years, the John Deere
company will be a plow manufacturer. As farming expands and the
need for reliable mechanization brought on by larger size farms
showing promise of a more profitable business model, John Deere
Company purchases the Waterloo Boy tractor company, and as they say
the rest is history.
The A was John Deere's first true row-crop tractor, replacing the
GP. There were several variants of the A. The A was the row-crop
model. The AR was a standard (or fixed) tread model. The model A
was the first Deere tractor to come from the factory with rubber
Bathed in nicely patina John Deere Green, this heavy metal tractor
has cast badging, painted yellow on the front grille and rear axle.
It is missing the badging typically found on the sides of the
"hood". Yellow wheels, thin spoked on the large treaded rear, and
dual front wheels, interestingly during an earlier restoration, the
original spoked front wheels were replaced with more modern solid
steel wheels. A fascinating simple totally exterior steering
mechanism is seen. A simple cantilevered metal seat hangs from the
back and is fronted by the original massive steering wheel.
A 309ci 2-cylinder 4-valve engine sits up front and is liquid
cooled. A dry disc clutch enables the user to use the 4 forward,
and 1 reverse gearbox. A rear PTO is seen under the seat and above
the standard hitch.
An earlier restoration has seen some time pass since and may have
even been put to actual use once restored. Runs well, and
appearance overall is fair to good condition considering its
Classic Auto Mall is a 336,000-square foot classic and special
interest automobile showroom, featuring over 450 vehicles for sale
with showroom space for up to 1,000 vehicles. Also, a 400 vehicle
barn find collection is on display.
This vehicle is located in our showroom in Morgantown,
Pennsylvania, conveniently located just 1-hour west of Philadelphia
on the I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike. The website is
www.classicautomall.com and our phone number is (888) 227-0914.
Please contact us anytime for more information or to come see the
vehicle in person.