1966 Pontiac GTO "HEX" Highest Tech Restomod Custom
Free Shipping to Continental US!
LSx Engine, Custom Chassis, Baer Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, Ridetech Suspension,
Ferrari Tan Leather, Restomodair A/C and Over $60k in custom Metal Fabrication!
Up for sale is a work-of-art 1966’ GTO (nicknamed “HEX”) from Semper Fine Inc. This stunning Ceramic Gray car was built to showcase the latest technology and finest fabrication available to the restomod and classic car market. Run completely from an Apple iPad PRO, this car is Tesla meets LSx-Based Muscle. Not a single expense was spared in this build, with major components from Apple, Forgeline, Baer, Ridetech, Racepak, Restomodair, GM Performance etc. The cost of this build is close to $300k, with $60k in custom metal fabrication and a custom chassis before adding anything to the car.
Producing over 615HP without sacrificing fuel economy and comfort, the Forged LSX provides a reliable powerplant for this ride. In keeping with the desire to build a performance restomod capable of high speed handling, the chassis of this car is completely custom with suspension, bracing and boxing from Ridetech, ABC Performance and HPI Customs. This chassis has zero flex just like a modern supercar, and sports Ridetech Stage 4 complete coilover suspension package, the best in its class. Sitting on one-of-a-kind staggered Forgeline Wheels (13” total width in rear) and stopped by a complete Baer Brake System, appearance and stopping power are at their peak.
If the performance foundation of this build was not enough to get you excited, Ferrari Tradizionale Interior blended with a custom-fabricated matching dash, handcrafted console and bead rolled/ powder coated HEX panels throughout the ride, are luxurious and practical. Created by some of finest metal fabrication teams in the industry and one of the top interior builders in the Southeast, this functional interior competes with foreign supercars at the highest level.
If you know your cars, you may notice there is not a single door or window handle on this ride. That is because everything was shaved and replaced with state-of-the-art multiplexing electrical systems by Infinitybox, allowing the entire interior function to be controlled by an iPad or iPhone. The doors are opened from the iOS device or from inside of the car, via the red buttons pictured below (emergency latches present under armrests for safety). This system also features modern functions like “Windows All the way up with one press,” delayed headlight off and delayed radiator fan off when the car is turned off. Even the lights flash when the security system is activated. Everything is programmable to your needs, and alert lights are tied to each computer to tell you exactly what is wrong when issues arise (fuse, switch, etc).
Now that you have a general idea of what this build represents, we have provided a breakdown of some of the major components found within each area of the build.
- Body and Exterior Components
- Build began with 242 VIN Genuine 1966 GTO from Nevada
- Rotisserie metal restoration after complete Paint removal (photos can be provided)
- Shaved Door Handles, Drip Rails (above Windows), Locks, Mirrors, Wiper cowl, etc.
- Mini-Tubbed with ABC Performance Tub Kit to accommodate 13” total width
- New Floors and tig patched all rust following sandblasting
- Tig Welded gaps to obtain consistent gapping through car
- Welded smooth Window channels for flush mount glass
- Custom Bumpers completely re-fabricated to remove lights, bolt holes and chrome
- Completely Custom CNC Hex Grill, Bronze and gloss black themed, which was the inspiration for all of the HEX panels throughout!
- Billet Hood Hinges from Ringbrothers and Trunk Hinges from Fesler
- Custom 5” Black LED Headlights with Custom Shaved Headlight Bezels
- Bronze powder coated rings to match the wheels and panels
- Hand Fabricated Carbon and Billet Lotus Mirrors, retrofitted for this GTO
- New Flush Mounted Glass front and rear
- New windows (Vent, Side and Quarter) tinted with 3M Ceramic Tint and vent frames in gloss black to match the car
- Ring Brothers hardware throughout the car, including wiper cowl and body panels/ fenders/ radiator shroud
- Chassis, Suspension and Steering
- Fully custom chassis boxed and braced with HPI Customs bracing and ABC performance tubbing and boxing
- Gloss black to match wheel powdercoar and accent black throughout vehicle
- Ridetech Stage 4 Complete Pro Touring Suspension Package including Coilovers on all four corners, tubular upper and lower Control Arms, monster sway bars, four link UCAs and LCAs in rear, and a ton more.
- Custom Welded Flaming River Rack and Pinion complete kit with gray color matching Steering Column and billet components
- Custom Steering shaft and linkage to support smooth steering
- Engine and Drivetrain
- Engine: Bullet proof Custom LSx Forged Engine pushing 615hp through a complete self tuning FiTech Engine and Transmission Management System
- TSP CAM
- Yella Terra Aluminum Shaft Mounted Roller Rocker Arms
- Forged Pistons and Rods
- LS3 Performance 823 heads
- Custom Carbon Fiber 90* high flow performance intake
- 4” Custom Performance Tig Welded Aluminum Radiator with mega fan!
- Transmission: PerformaBuilt Pro Race 4L60E transmission, which can be replaced with a T56, with minimal work
- Rear End
- Completely Custom Ford 9” Rear End, with Nodular Yukon Pro Center section, 35 Spline Axels, Billet Yoke and reinforced housing
- Powder Coated Bronze to match the wheels and Hex Panels!
- Fuel System
- New Tanks Inc. Fuel Tank and Supports
- HyperFuel in-tank fuel management system with Braided Black Stainless Fuel line and filter from front to back in sending and return lines!
- Brakes and Wheels
- Forgeline custom cut AL300 supercar wheels, designed specifically for this build
- Staggered with 20x12” Rear and 19x9” fronts, powder coated gloss black and bronze (Flush fronts and deep lip rear)
- Complete Interior with Ferrari Tradizionale Tan and Beluga Black Interior on seats, dash, center console and stitched headliner
- HEX Handcrafted panels on every door, kick panel and rear quarter, with custom designed inserts to match the seat upholstery. Panels are powdered bronze to match the wheels
- Billet Aluminum low profile Arm Rests, positioned with a wrapped cushion right below anodized eject-style door opening buttons on driver and passenger sides.
- Emergency mechanical door opening latch built into the underside of the armrest.
- Restomodair Vapir 2 A/C and Heating system with matching bulkhead in the engine bay
- Completely custom Fiberglass center console made to last and wrapped flawlessly with leather, Mounting flush the removable iPad Pro with an aircraft mounting system
- Contrast Color Matching tan stitching was inspired by the Challenger Hellcat Laguna Leather seats with chevron stripes.
- Headliner is wrapped in matching Beluga Black with tan stitching, and has a custom fabricated aluminum center LED.
- Racepak Iq3S Dash! No expense spared…remember!
- Paint and Outside Finish
- This car is painted with BASF Ceramic Gray Base (Challenger Hellcat Gray and GM Gloss Black) and SPI Clear Coat paint throughout, only the highest quality materials from gun to clear. Every panel is clear coated in and out.
- Finishes of Gray, Black, Bronze and Carbon Fiber are all color matched and exist as themed throughout the vehicle.
- Infinitybox 20-input Multiplexing electrical system with InMotion, Intouchnet (iOS integration), full power windows and doors, and a ton more!!!
We may be willing to accept a cool production car in partial trade as part of the sale. Open to offers but must come with cash as we are not planning on continuing to build cars
This vehicle is sold as is with no implied or express warranty. All Installation instructions and user manuals will be provided and can be loaded into the iPad.