1971 Ford Torino GT convertible is not the sort of muscle car you’ll encounter at your average cruise night. Ford only built 1,613 of them that year and only 333 were made with front bench seats. The following is general information about this “Flame Red” ’71 Torino GT convertible being offered for sale:
- The Torino currently has 70,521 original miles. It is driven occasionally and during nice weather. It’s always garaged and babied! (maintenance & repair documents available)
- Engine: Numbers matching 302 CI bored .30 over 9 – 1 flat tops. Rebuilt professionally. from top to bottom. Replaced additional parts such as fuel pump, alternator, water pump, starter, Mallory electronic ignition, etc.
- Paint: PPG Basecoat – Clearcoat Flame Red (Professionally Painted).
- Body: Replaced front spoiler. 99.9% rust free unibody vehicle. Sprayed undercoating.
- Transmission: Stock numbers matching C4 Automatic filter and fluid changed during restoration and recently serviced.
- Wheels: 15X8 Eagle Alloys (still have the 4 original Magnum 500 wheel covers).
- Tires: New custom tires/225/50 R15 (12/2020).
- Top: Replaced during restoration and in very good condition.
- Exhaust: 2 ¼ duals with turbo mufflers – nice deep sound.
- Weatherstripping: All replaced and in very good condition.
- Interior: Color – Black; All original with no rips including dash pad; carpet has been replaced; all is in very good condition.
- Front Brakes: Replaced hubs and rotors; rubber lines, wheel bearing and pads; all in good condition.
- Rear Brakes: Drums turned, replaced shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware; all in good condition.
- Suspension: Replaced rear leaf springs (with 5 leaf spring); Shocks replaced front & rear. Stabilizer (sway bar) bushings replaced. Car drives well but suspension may need some adjustments or an upgrade for much better handling.
- Fuel System: Added auxiliary electric fuel pump. Manual fuel pump replaced during restoration and in good working condition.
- Electrical System: all gauges, lights, signals are in working condition; no electrical issues.
- Fluids: All fluids (engine oil, transmission fluid, radiator fluid, brake fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid, etc.) have been flushed, drained, and replaced on a regular basis.
- No AC.
- Clear vehicle registration and title in hand (North Carolina).
The Torino drives smoothly, no rattles nor shakes. Turns heads wherever it goes. There are few things that could be done to this car to make perform better that it currently does, however the new owner will definitely enjoy driving this Torino as is! It was built to enjoy, not a trailer queen and not a show winner. Any additional questions that you may have about the Torino, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and your valid phone number so I can respond to your questions as soon as possible and to the best of my abilities. The car is located in Charlotte, NC and also advertised locally. Thank you.