1959 Chevrolet Apache Pickup
The Chevrolet Task Force was Chevrolet's successor to the Advance
Design trucks. The Task Force Series ran from late 1955 (second
series) through 1959. At GMC locations, it was called the Blue Chip
Series. The 1955 second series offered standard options and add-ons
such as 12-volt electrical systems, the first V8 (265 cubic
inches), and Fleetside beds in 1958. All light-duty trucks are now
called "Apache", medium-duty trucks called "Viking", and heavy-duty
trucks called "Spartan".
Adorning our halls here at Classic Auto Mall is this simply
beautiful '59 Apache (light duty) truck, in near perfectly restored
condition. The same consigner that brought us two awesome Impalas,
brought this truck that has the same build quality and similar
features. Some upgrades, but an overall meticulous job that retains
the original look with some niceness stuff!
Dark Teal covers this step side version of the light duty Apache.
Dual chromed headlights, a fantastic grille and bumper, and perfect
badging are on top of the Dark Teal, which needs mentioning is a
good paint job. Very few faults here, mirror-like finish and one
that you can use to brush your teeth in. A wonderful wrap around
windshield, and a sun visor are seen on the cab area. Right behind
is the beautiful oak lined bed with its shiny metal straps keeping
it all together. The entire exterior of the bed is razor straight,
and gaps are well minded. Tailgate functions and there is
absolutely no rust on the exterior of this truck. 15-inch Eagle
wheels are wrapped by BF Goodrich T/A radials on all 4 corners.
Smooth beige vinyl and a panel of tuck and roll tweed make a
background for shiny levers and cranks on the door panels. New
buckets have been created and are also in square patterned
broadcloth, utilizing shades of beige for spare patterned inserts
and clean beige bolsters. A chrome bezel in an V shaped fan style
custom dash houses all digital Dakota dash instrumentation. Vintage
air and heat hang below the clean painted exterior matching dash,
which also houses a digital AM/FM/Radio. A beige headliner is atop
the compartment, and Berber carpet in tan and very clean condition
floods the cabin floor.
Circa 1961 to 1966 283ci V8 now sits within the clean engine bay.
This is topped by a single 2-barrel carburetor and has a TH350
3-speed automatic transmission on back. Way back nestled under the
bed, is a 10-bolt rear.
All extremely restored and extremely clean underneath, nice black
painted rust-free steel, and hints of the wood bed which lines the
bed. A stainless-steel exhaust system is added, and an aluminum gas
tank replaces the original. Leaf spring suspension on all 4 corners
remains as the original had, however power front disc brakes have
been added and rear drums are now power assisted with a dual
reservoir master cylinder.
A hop inside and we are immediately started, sounding smooth, and
ready to go onto gear. A move of the floor shifter, and we are
cruising. Smooth ride, nice handling, and overall comfortable
interior. Air blows cold, and all function inside are
Driving this truck is a great experience as it will take you back
to a time where trucks were mainly used on the farm, or strictly
for work. This example can certainly be used for work but would
also be very comfortable showing up at the country club, or a drive
in night, and it will be a head turner. Meticulous restoration with
great upgrades. All just right baby bear.
B-Baltimore, MD Assy Plant
115539-Sequential Unit Number
Classic Auto Mall is a 336,000-square foot classic and special
interest automobile showroom, featuring over 450 vehicles for sale
with showroom space for up to 1,000 vehicles. Also, a 400 vehicle
barn find collection is on display.
This vehicle is located in our showroom in Morgantown,
Pennsylvania, conveniently located just 1-hour west of Philadelphia
on the I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike. The website is
www.classicautomall.com and our phone number is (888) 227-0914.
Please contact us anytime for more information or to come see the
vehicle in person.